Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rain rain go away

Folks, I'm not sure I have ever seen this much rain -- even in south Florida. It has rained, and I am not exaggerating here, non-stop since Friday morning. Actually, scratch that, the rain finally did stop last night around midnight but for the two days Josh and Sarah and the boys have been in Florida, there has been a continual rain with very few, if any, let-ups. The rain is also tricky for Scrubs as he has to go to the bathroom, but when he gets outside, turns out and comes back in. We have to push him out there nearly a dozen times before he will finally acquiesce and go!

Anyways, yesterday, while JB and I were working, Josh and Sarah headed into Destin before the boys needed their naps. However, it rained so hard, they didn't even see the beach.

So yesterday, I got off at 5pm for a "quick" break from the grant. We took them to the Backporch so at least they got to see the beach from our covered little porch. Here are some pics from dinner:





I love this last picture. The captions on the picture, as Josh says, are endless. Heaven only knows what Jordan is thinking there. He has grown so much! I haven't seen him since he was two months old.

After dinner, we returned to Josh and Sarah's TLF (temporary lodging facility) for girl scout cookies and some Shrek. I had to then get back to do another grant edit. I finally finished around 10:30pm and just finished another edit this morning at 6:30am.

Right now, the weather looks clear so we are going to try to get out on the boat and to the beach! Wish us luck!!!

No comments: