Friday, February 29, 2008

One day down

The men returned from their testing around 3pm yesterday both feeling very good about their performance! This was fantastic news.

Unfortunately, Tiffany, William, and I were unable to say the same thing about how we were feeling. The three of us are significantly under-the-weather. We were really a site for sore eyes. We went to mall for a bit and to Target, but ended up just collapsing at the hotel until the guys got home, all nursing some sort of head cold. I can't remember the last time I got sick, and by golly, I am just not good at it.

Since the guys got home while it was still light out, we decided to head up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Matt & Tiff have never been out east before so we really wanted to show them the Parkway. JB and I spent our honeymoon in a cabin on the Blue ridge. In addition, JB was born not too far from here! (How's that for trivia?) We've also returned to the area numerous times for Michelle's wedding, Elizabeth's wedding, and a cabin that JB's father does some work at. So we are good friends with this area.

However, the Blue ridge is closed due to bad weather!! Can you believe it? We still got to go on some pretty roads, but it just isn't the same.

After touring a bit before the sun went down, we found a cozy little Middle Eastern restaurant downtown. There was a live belly dancer performing which completely captured Williams' attention throughout all of dinner. I took pictures and will definitely post them when I return home and have access to my picture loader. This restaurant was a good choice for me as my appetite has been pretty crummy. Nice warm lamb and rice and pita bread was perfect!

This morning, the boys are off again for what should only be a few hours of testing. We are then hoping to get to the Biltmore Estate for the afternoon. Hopefully we will all start to feel better to enjoy the rest of our vacation.

3 comments:

AW said...

How stinky to be sick while you're on "vacation". :-(

Sending healthy vibes from sunny Texas!

Anonymous said...

I remember you saying you got sick on your trip to your parents. Hope you get well soon.

Anonymous said...

oh i can just imagine how disappointing not to see the Blue Ridge Mt Parkway -it is one of my favorite places and I've been a few awesome places! - any time we take a TN vacation (on the border of NC) we do it --waaah! I feel so sorry for you! This vacation sounds like a Ethel/Lucy/Fred/ and what's his name mini-series....but i know you're not laughing ...at least yet. Thank God the boys taking the tests don't have those miserable colds tho! i know, fine comfort for you!
love you Tante Jan