Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Reentering the Atmosphere

I am returning to life here on the farm. It hasn't been as difficult transition as I thought it might be, but it is hard to all of a sudden be around fighting children. No one was fighting for 17 days. (I'm serious. No arguments. Not one!)

I am so glad to be back with my husband and the other three kids. I really missed John. I am so blessed to be married to my BFF. He truly is the sweetest, most wonderful, best fit for me in the whole-wide-world.

It was hard to communicate with Sidge and Isaac while I was gone. Teenage boys aren't really interested in shooting the breeze with you on the phone. As I return, their cousin Charleigh (who was born just two months after Sidge) is here hanging out, so I am not that important ... still. But I am glad to see them. I'm learning how to find ways to "hang out" with teenage boys. 

The farm has gotten a lot hotter since the day I left. There are 350 meat birds in the tractors and the little laying chickens I left behind have gotten significantly bigger. 

I truly witnessed Jesus during the 17 days I was in Jackson, Mississippi. I pray I never forgot the things I saw and the miracle in Maryah's life that I had the pleasure of witnessing. 

But, life must go on. So go on it does. :)

No comments: