Saturday, January 11, 2020

What Your Complaints Actually Reveal About Your Heart


I recently stumbled upon an article entitled: "What Your Complaints Actually Reveal about Your Heart."

I encourage you to read the article in its entirety. However, I wanted to share one section that really jumped out at me. 

"If people irritate you a lot, your problem isn't the people; it's pride." 

I'll be honest. I don't think I'm a person who gets bothered by things any more than the average Joe. But I do think that as I have gotten older, my Pollyanna-ness has worn down substantially. I get a lot more annoyed and bothered than I did when I was younger. 

And then I read this.

And I realized that the author was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. 

I get bugged because people aren't doing it the way I think is the best or most efficient or more appropriate. That's really what it boils down to. Sure there are times when people are just flat-out wrong. But most of the time, I'm annoyed because I don't like what they are doing because it isn't the way I would do it.

Which means I think my way is better.

Which is pride.

Gulp,


No comments: