Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Are you a Carla?

Are You a Carla?

I was a military wife, mother to three young children and one huge Dalmatian. About to be stationed on a Portuguese island in the middle of the Atlantic, I was excited about the adventure that awaited our family of five. We left Turkey and boarded a plane for the Azores, excited to spend two more years living overseas together as a family.
Shortly after arriving, I met her. Also a military wife, she had two young boys of her own, a nice match for my three- and four-year-old sons. She lived off-base. My husband, too, had wanted to live off-base. During our time in Turkey, he had gotten slightly burned out as the doctor on a tiny base. He felt that at this new assignment, he needed some separation between work and home.
To read the rest of this article, jump over to THE GLORIOUS TABLE

1 comment:

Lindsey Helfrich said...

This made me cry harder than any other of your blogs. I know how hard it is to be so close and make such a close friendship and then to have it taken away. When you make friends who resemble past friends or people in your life that you love so much. Carla and you were the perfect match in the perfect season. God placed you two in the same place for eachother. Love you heart. You both are beautiful souls