Monday, October 31, 2016

Fender's Farm

Our church had their fall "get-together" at Fender's Farm. This is the second year we have attended, and my kiddos just LOVE it. These fall celebrations are very new to us. JB and I both grew up in South Florida. I'm not sure if it was the era or the location, but I'd never heard of a pumpkin patch or fall activities like these during the 18 years I called Florida home.

The first time I experienced these amazing fall productions was when I went to Western Kentucky University in 1995. But as a parent, living overseas meant we didn't experience them until last year, when we returned to America. Boy are they fun!

These huge jumpy trampolines are a hit with my kiddos. My girls are in pink in the video below:



And Hannah? Well we realized that she is by far the bravest of our kiddos. I'm not sure any of them would have done the zipline at three. She begged us and probably did it about ten times before we pulled her away from it! (You'll hear her ask to do it again the moment she stops.)



A fun picture of Abigail jumping:


My two girls! (Hannah on left and Abigail on far right):


And here I am, standing in line with the kiddos as they waited to get on some fun go-karts:


Even though we have now been back in the States over two years, I am still absolutely in love with these fun opportunities for my kiddos in America. I am also so blessed that ew have found such a great church and such wonderful people. I still sort of feel like a fish-out-of-water here, but every day, every week, every month, I am starting to more and more feel like this can be my forever home. :)

No comments: