Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Epipens

I've been seeing a lot of press regarding the price of EpiPens which makes me VERY happy. As many of you know, my son Isaac has an egg allergy. When we got out of the military, we went to go get the suggested two EpiPens to carry with us everywhere we went only to see that the price was up in the $400 range!

Please take a moment to click here and sign this petition.

This is ALL over the news right now, but here is just one link that discusses the 400% increase in price. I honestly find this insulting. These are people who do NOT have a choice.

4 comments:

ke2alto said...

Don has an allergy to wasp stings and has to carry them with him at all times. He works outside. Luckily, our first set of pens was given to him by his ENT but after talking with his PCP and prior to seeing her we checked on the cost...WITH insurance was over $400!

I signed the petition as well as sent letters to our Representatives.

Anonymous said...

I signed the petition and emails were sent to my Senators.

Julie

Heather said...

If you get a chance, they are only about $100 here in Canada because drug prices are more regulated. It's the same drug as is manufactured in the US as well. I know many Americans come up to buy it just from reading on allergy forums online.

Jane said...

My daughter has a mild peanut and egg allergy. She has only ever gotten hives, which go down with an antihistamine, but the doctor says her reaction can be much worse if her immune system is down or her body decides to resist, so we need to keep EpiPens around. We have a high deductible insurance plan and sure enough, each set of 2 EpiPens will be $400 each - and we need one for home, one for school, and one for child care. Unbelievable.