Sunday, June 24, 2018

John Kenney

John Kenney died today.

I happened to be driving up to Toni's house to deliver a present to Cali at the exact moment the call came in that he had gone home to Jesus. Someday maybe I will write and share all I feel about this tragedy and my role in it. I will talk through the emotions I have had: guilt, questioning, selfishness, anger, frustration, not understanding ...

But today I simply grieve with Toni for the loss of her husband of over 40 years. I cannot comprehend. I cannot comprehend for Toni. I cannot comprehend for little Cali whose life has already been such a hard one. Why him? Why today? Why? Why? Why?

I know he is celebrating with Jesus and his body is working exactly like it should. But I am sad. I am not sad for me as I truly didn't know John much at all before this tragedy. But I am sad for my friend and the loss of someone she loved so dearly.

If you are reading this, please consider supporting this family through their gofundme or just through prayer.

No comments: