Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Dogs' Voices

Veronica just spent the last week and a half or so with us here on the farm. I was so blessed to have her. She truly is family to us ... like really part of our family. She allowed our family to get away for a night (more on that later) and just helped with kids and life on the farm while JB was doing his Christmas run. I'm not sure how I would have gotten through this holiday without JB without her here.

Anyways, that aside, I wanted to share something fun she and I did. Scrubs always had a "voice" for us. And Veronica (aka "V") and I decided that Ritter and Arabelle needed their own voices. So, we worked on them. And here's what we came up with:

RITTER
male
He's a big lug -- just loves pets and will roll onto his back to let anyone scratch his belly. He truly would leave the farm with anyone who opened their car door and promised to give him belly rubs. He has no preference for any person. (Well, he really loves my friend Robin!) But overall, anyone who pets him is his person for that moment.

With Veronica. MAnnnnnn does Veronica looks like her Mom (Ebby) here.


ARABELLE
female
Arabelle is the protector. She barks at any new people and makes sure I welcome them before they join us on the farm. She is MY dog. She wants to go everywhere on the farm with me, and while Ritter would gladly stay with anyone who will pet him, she wants to be with me wherever I am on the farm.




No comments: