Monday, February 18, 2013

From the mouth of babes

Today, Sidge asked me to read him another book. I told him I just couldn't read to him right then. When he asked me why I couldn't I said, "Mommy just doesn't feel good, Sidge. I can't read right now."

"Can Jesus make you better?" he asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Okay. I'm gonna pray for you right now."

With that he stopped what he was doing, sat down in front of me of the couch, folded his hands and said, "Dear Jesus, will you please help my Mommy feel better?"

To say I teared up while he was praying would be an understatement.

When he was done, he asked me if I felt better. While my body didn't, my heart did.

Thank you to those of you, who, with childlike faith, are also praying for me. I so appreciate all the encouragement, prayers, and love I have received from so many of you. I have gotten so many emails from people who have battled morning sickness.  I am earnestly seeking the Lord during this time. I am also gaining perspective. I am dealing with a temporary "illness" due to a happy reason.

There are so many people battling illnesses that are no temporary and are not for happy reasons. These people are so strong! I have so much respect for the battles they are waging. If you know someone facing a battle today, send them a note of encouragement. Don't try to fix it. Just tell them that you are proud of them. Tell them that they are doing a good job. Tell them that they are strong and that their faith is inspiring.

Love you all!

No comments: