Monday, June 20, 2022

24 years together

Today is our 24th wedding anniversary. When my kids saw this picture of us as teenagers, they said: 

Sidge: “Mom? Why are you wearing a crop top?"
Abigail: “Mom, why are you sticking your bum out?”
Hannah: “Mon, is that an anklet??”
Isaac: “Wow. You guys are like my age!” 

Here is the tribute post John wrote to me on Facebook.

29 years ago we started dating.
I was 17. She was 16.
24 years ago, I knew I was marrying my best friend, but I had no clue about the adventures in store for us.
We’ve lived in 4 states and on 3 continents, travelled over half the globe, and have had over a dozen jobs between us.
Now we are sharing life with 4 amazing children on a farm in East Tennessee.
We’ve grown closer and more interdependent on each other over the years that sometimes it’s hard to see the other as a separate person… but this is such a miraculously good thing.
I’m more blessed than I deserve.


No comments: