Friday, July 19, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Braiding Garlic


My resume grows everyday. The things I am learning that I never dreamed about or planned on learning is extensive. 

I was climbing into a chicken tractor a few days back, handing an injured turkey to Tijmen and saying: “add this to the list of things I never thought I’d do.”

Yesterday I learned how to braid garlic. I used a YouTube channel called “Garden Nerd.” That in and of itself says a lot. 

My days are packed. The heat is intense. The sweat is everywhere. Some days I change my clothes half a dozen times but don’t bother taking a shower until the end of the day. I’m filthy and exhausted but filled to the brim with gratitude. 

Homesteading isn’t at all easy. The idea of living off your land seems glorious. But it’s hard. You are doing a lot of work to live and love your land. 

But it’s worth it. 

And your hair-braiding talents can cross over to ... garlic. 

1 comment:

pricefamilyx6 said...

Love this! We are just getting started with our homestead journey and it’s going slowly. But we are learning so much and adding skills all the time! It’s fun watching all the things that happen on your farm!