Tuesday, July 09, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Using What we Grow




I am not a cook.

I am not a gardener.

I feel like I am barely a farmer.

But I am trying. 

Homesteading was never on my radar. The word unknown to me. The idea foreign to me. But my husband's passion and my desire to raise my children "where the green grass grows" pushed me over the edge. 

And I am an athlete. 

And I like a challenge.

We had a lot of squash from our garden.

We had a lot of carrots from our garden.

We had a lot of pulled frozen turkey. 

So I did some googling (thank GOD for the Internet when Wendi is attempting to cook) and I came up with a recipe, and I cooked said recipe. And said recipe wasn't half-bad.

In fact: Seven children ate the casserole. Five liked it. 

71.5% is a "C" when it comes to success. 

I'll take it and call it a win.

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you need to share that recipe! Tante Jan