Thursday, March 21, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Are Eggs Bad for You?

There's been an article floating around in regards to a new article in JAMA saying that eggs are bad for you ... again. Seems they are always going back and forth on this topic.

Here's a discussion of the article.


I asked John to respond, and here's what he says. And I quote. "The research is definitely not compelling enough to change my diet.

Also, one huge thing (for me) that was not addressed at all... what kind of eggs were people eating?

Mass-produced chicken eggs are COMPLETELY different than our organic-fed, pasture-raised laying hens that get sunshine, fresh air, bugs, grass, and freedom."


The one thing I will BEG of you ... stop buying mass-produced eggs like the ones shown in the picture above. There is no excuse for it. BUY GOOD EGGS! Find a farmer who does it. Trust me, they are out there. Get eggs done right!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Eager to find a local source now that we’ve moved back home!

Becky Randles said...

Your eggs are the best! Totally worth the cost. Cheap food is not always a bargain in terms of health and taste.