Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sin Ripples

 "There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable." Mark Twain



If you think you can sin and that the sin you commit will only affect YOU, think again.

Don't get me wrong. As I write about this, do not misinterpret what I am saying.

I know that I sin. I know that I have done evil. I know that my sin affects others. What I do affects others every single day. I am selfish. I am jealous. I am manipulative. I lose my temper. I will not even begin to say I do not sin or that anyone else's sin is worse than mine.

But when you are physically impacted by someone else's choices, it really resonates deeply. 

I am sitting here exhausted beyond belief right now. My husband is working his tale off. My in-laws have had to change their entire plans this winter. All because some adults in our life decided that their sin would only affect them. Or they didn't care. I don't know which. I don't know what they were thinking. I am not sure how you can make the choices they did without realizing the rippling affect it would have. 

But they made them. Because someone my husband worked with made the choice he did, John had to pick up five extra shifts this month. My Abigail is crying today because she feels she hasn't seen her Daddy. And I'm crying because I am yelling because I feel alone and like I am doing life completely solo.

Sin ripples.

None of us should forget that.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But that's just it - they didn't think because they're only focused on themselves. Sin has blinded them to what they are doing. They may not even see what they've done as being sinful. They also may not even see that the consequences of their actions has affected others. I'm so sorry that John has had to pick up more shifts. I know what it's like to be a "single" parent. When my kids were smaller and I didn't work outside the home, I had a routine and was able to make it work. I didn't like it, but it was doable. My husband's job had changed and he was now home every night. It was glorious. Shortly after I started working outside the home, my husband lost his job and the only thing he could find right away was something that took him back on the road. It was so hard to be on my own 4 nights a week trying to help with homework, make supper, get them ready for school, go to work, take them to activities all by myself. So, I get it and I'm so sorry you're in this position all because of someone's bad choices. I'll be praying for you.