Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sickness & Ballet Conundrum

 "As a mom, one of the best things to have are friends who love and cherish your child just as much as you do.

Friday night I was in a conundrum. My mother-in-law was very sick. JB had to work. On Saturday we had our first HUGE dress rehearsal for ballet which I was supposed to be helping with. (I am doing hair and a lot of management with the young kiddos downstairs.) The only problem was that Isaac was VERY sick as well, and Hannah didn't seem to be doing well either.

My cousin's wife, Hannah Grace, offered to take the sick kids to her house as she had sick kids too, but I just didn't feel good about this option. I really wanted the kids to be home in their own beds when they were sick. My father-in-law was also willing to help, but Grama was sick too, and I felt that was too much for him.

I needed someone here who wasn't too afraid of getting sick and would love my kids and take care of them like a mom would. 

I texted my good friend Anni who lives in Knoxville and offered a babysitting job. She's a school teacher so she wasn't too worried about getting sick. And so she came. And she played all day with Hannah (who ended up feeling totally fine) and took care of Isaac (who stayed on the couch all day.)

They also did some dressing up with Arabelle:



I'm so blessed in my life to have community that stands alongside you when you need them most. This has been an incredibly trying month for us between family drama, John's work drama, and the ballet. 

But awesome people make the journey so manageable!



1 comment:

TAV said...

We all need a village!