Thursday, October 25, 2018

Review: The Book of No Worries


I recently received the book above as a free book to review. The Book of No Worries was written by Lizzie Cox who was the former editor of popular teen brand Sugarscape.com. 

I saw that this book was designed for kids ten and up. I therefore thought I'd be the perfect mom to review it as I have a nine and ten-year-old boy in my house. (I also have younger girls but they are five and seven so I knew this wouldn't be for them.)

Folks, I have never been so appalled by a book in my life. I understand that we need to talk to our kids about tough things. But at ten years old, do you think the following topics should be worries for your child?

This one was more that they would use the word "sucks." Come on!






Listen, I don't want to start a raging war here, but this is simply NOT okay, and if you are a parent of a young child, you need be aware that literature like this exists. If this book was targeted toward fifteen and sixteen years old, I would actually not have nearly the issues with it. They have been exposed to things and are creating their own thoughts.

But to throw things like this at a ten-year-old? it's not only inappropriate but it is wrong to step in right in front of a parent and tell their child things that some people in society preach but MANY families do not believe in.

For example:

  1. I teach my children that abortion is WRONG. You may not agree with that, but we believe it is wrong. But this books says "hey if you had sex, quickly go to another adult -- not your parent --and they can get you help in making sure that baby doesn't stick around."
  2. While I understand that transgender is a fact of our society, I do not believe that confusing a child who has expressed no issues with their sex with the fact that maybe they do have an issue is simply so overboard. Why can't a kid be a kid? Are we seriously needing to tell them about this at TEN?!
  3. Honestly, I could go on and on, but I will just let the pictures above speak for themselves. Please understand me, I get that there are things going on in society. I get that we need to be there for our kids and they might end up growing up differently than we did or we planned. But that doesn't mean that parents want their young children doused in this from such a young age.
The woman who wrote this is not a doctor. She is a journalist. She is sharing things that are absolutely her opinion and are clearly meant to brainwash children into thinking like she does. 


My kids are farm kids. They probably understand sex better than most kids their age simply because they watch it on the farm all the time. My nine-year-old asks more questions than you can believe. But these are things that are NOT on their mind yet.

And this is NOT because I homeschool. I have plenty of friends with kids in public and private schools that concur with this sentiment. We are dousing our kids in sexuality way too early.

LET THEM BE LITTLE!!!!!