Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Review: Reading Eggs

Online Reading Eggs Suite

Wow! WOW! WOW! I started the last review I wrote for Reading Eggs this way and I'll start this one the same way. There is so much on this program, and it is fun for the kids. However, while  I was just reviewing the online Reading Eggs suite, some of my fellow cremates also received a workbook to use with their subscription. And I wanted to make sure all of you people reading this review realized this amazingly new part of this awesome program.

So first let me discuss the online portion of this program. The first time we did this program, I used it with all four of my children. Here is where each of them was: 
  • Reading Eggs Junior (Ages 2-4): This is where my four-year-old daughter placed
  • Reading Eggs (Ages 3-7): This is where my six-year-old daughter placed
  • Reading Eggspress (Ages 7-13): This is where my two boys placed
  • Mathseeds (Ages 3-9)
Reading Eggs was developed for kids ages 2-13. It starts at the very, very beginning so kids need NO previous experience to get started. This program is great for homeschool parents but it is also designed to supplement what children are getting at school.

Reading Eggs was so fantastic that my boys have BEGGED me to buy them a spot. Here's the reason why. As part of my "review agreement", I received TWO free six-month subscriptions. I used them for my daughters (ages 4 and 6). My boys each did a free two-week trial. When it was up, they were absolutely begging me to get them subscriptions. They were absolutely fanatical about the program and just begged to do it every day.

Reading Eggs allows you to know exactly how your children are doing by providing an email delivered to you at the end of each "map." As a child finishes the "map", they take a quiz, and the parent receives an email sharing how they did. In addition, on each of my kids' dashboard, you can instantly see an overview of the reading skills they have learned and the number of books they have read.

One of the reasons they loved the program so much is that the program was set up with rewards. As the child completes lessons, they earn acorns (math program) and eggs (reading program). These can then be turned in for games and fun things to do. The inventors of this program really nailed it on the end combining the things kids LOVE to do (games, songs, variety, and rewards) in such a nice package that they truly can't resist wanting to log-in again.

Here is a video of my nine-year-old, Isaac, working through a lesson in the "Reading Eggspress" portion of the program. I took this the first time I did the review and shared it, but I really thought it just did a great job showing off the highlights of the program so I wanted to use it again:


And here is a video of my six-year-old daughter doing the "Reading Eggs" portion: 


There are also some fantastic BONUS materials on the site, totally your's for the using!
  • Activity Sheets -- there is actually a worksheet for EVERY lesson that they do. It is seriously never-ending. These printables give you something hands-on that you can use for each lesson that your child does.
  • Homeschool -- Of special interest to me was the curriculum breakdown, week by week, for my K-2nd graders. 
  • The Eggsperts -- This is a video series which follows Sam, Jazz and Tom which takes young kids on a quest to find clues, hatch eggs, and meet friends in every episode (which is just under 8 minutes.) (You can also download the Eggsperts Appisodes). 
  • If you log in, there is a chat available at any time to help you with any problems you have.
Now I have always loved this program. I've made no secret of that. However, I wanted to make sure I talked specifically about the workbooks ... these workbooks are designed to complement their learning programs: Reading Eggs and Mathseeds. You really want to pay attention to this part of the program.

While I did not review the workbooks personally, my fellow crew members did. I encourage you to visit and see their reviews. (There are TONS of them!) You can do so by clicking on this box below:

Online Reading Eggs Suite {Reading Eggs Reviews}

The workbooks are designed to consolidate all the essential literacy and numeracy skills your child is learning into a book. It combines digital AND print resources to help your child have the best chance at success! There is a reading book for kindergarten through grade 5! There is also a math workbook for great kindergarten thru second grade!

Reading Eggs
Want to use Reading Eggs for free for four weeks? It's simple. Just click here!
Here's the greatest news! You can get a free 4 Week Trial 4 Week Trial of the program for your child or children. But be forewarned. If you do this trial, your kids will want you to purchase them spots. I promise! It is just too fun of a program not to want to be a part for longer.

To get a Reading Eggs account, visit here. And follow these links if you want a free 4 Week Trial of Reading Eggs 

Check out reading eggs on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube. Review:

Online Reading Eggs Suite {Reading Eggs Reviews}

 Crew Disclaimer

No comments: