Wednesday, May 10, 2017

What God Has Been Telling Me

Here is what I know ... I have spent too much of my life trying to please MAN ahead of pleasing GOD.

And so, for the last few weeks, God and I have been having some good discussions. They've been hard. They've been good.

I feel like this is something I have struggled with since I was a little girl. I want people to like me. I want people who aren't even nice to me to like me. And I will fret and worry if they don't.

All the while I am sacrificing my time, my husband, my family, and my GOD for this idol.

No more.

I truly believe this bit of anxiety I ran up against is very spiritual in nature. There is a war for my mind, and God will win. I am going to serve him first ... and while I want to be a kind person that people like, I want to love my God FIRST.

That is my first priority.

(And just so no one worries -- this post truly is not about anyone. There was no momentous event that set this off! No one is to blame. This is between ME and GOD. It has nothing to do with PEOPLE!)

1 comment:

Heather K said...

This is such a good reminder for me! Your words truly hit home. Thank you for sharing and being honest