Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mother/Son Dance


I was hopeful that I would feel good enough to take the boys to the Mother/Son Dance on Base Saturday night. And I did.

I was bummed that my friend Carla (who was the one who first signed up) couldn't go. Her little boy Max fell at my house the other day and busted his two front teeth. I felt so bad! Not only that he did it at my house, on my watch, but that they couldn't go to the dance because of that. If you think of it, pray for little Max, that he will continue to heal and feel better.

A huge thank you to another friend, Sonia, who loaned us a little suit that we were able to split up and piece together to make two outfits for the boys. (Isaac took the shirt and vest & Sidge took the tie and pants). I realized we don't own dress shoes, but I think their tennis shoes worked just fine.

The dance started a bit late for four-year-olds: six-thirty, but the boys really enjoyed the floating lights and all the little boys running around like crazy men "dancing." I also thought that it was pretty cool that they assigned us seats and we were assigned with two people I have become good friends with: Sonia and her son Nathaniel and Claire and her two boys: Jacob and Gavin. A bit random that we all got to sit together.

I also absolutely thank the Lord that I felt good last night. I continue to have good and bad days. It seems that the good are outnumbering the bad more and more. Many times lately I am also just having bad mornings and then good second part of the days. I was so blessed that I was well enough to take them to an evening activity and enjoy it!

1 comment:

TAV said...

You all look fabulous. Love that outfit on you, Wendi! Praying fore more good days!