Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Don't Waste Your Morning Sickness

Nearing fourteen weeks, I was praying I'd be coming out of this relentless sea of nausea by now. But the last few days have seemed to have gotten even harder.

I see God in this so much.
  • In a card I got from a friend on a day I really needed it. 
  • In dear friends wishing so badly they were pregnant and remembering what this means.
  • In the perspective I feel that I have gained.
  • In remembering that out of all of the embryos we tried to "implant" only 1 of 11 worked. This embryo is special.
My goal is to not waste this weeks (going on week 10 now) of sickness. I want to try to learn and grow during this time. But oh is that hard. I recently read a post entitled: Don't Waste Your Morning Sickness. John Piper has quite a way of putting things. One of my favorite books by him is called Don't Waste Your Life. He also wrote articles about not wasting your cancer. This blog post is a spin off of his writings.

You can read the whole post if you like, but here were some highlights that really ministered to me.
  • May I not waste my morning sickness by forgetting what it meant that Christ suffered to bring me life.
  • May I not waste my morning sickness by failing to use the increase of daily mercy that God shows me to increase in the mercy that I show to others.
  • May I not waste my morning sickness by reading more about pregnancy and how not to be sick, rather than reading God’s word and other books for spiritual edification.
  • May I not waste my morning sickness by taking comfort in ‘good days’ rather than taking comfort in Christ.
  • May I not waste my morning sickness by telling others of how I’m doing rather than telling them of how great Christ is.
God, help me to not waste my morning sickness...

No comments: