Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mish Mosh

Well there are so many things to share, that I am not exactly sure where I should start today. So, excuse the randomness of this blog. I just don't have the energy to strive for too much of a theme today.

I guess I can start with that, my energy. After lying down the WHOLE day yesterday, I have found that walking to the bathroom now gets me out of breath. I wanted to try and stay down all day today but am growing frustrated with that idea. So I am sitting and lying a lot, but trying to take some occasional field trips. About a half hour ago I took a field trip to the garbage chute down the hall. Good times! I also took a field trip to the kitchen to take a picture of the flowers we have received. Here is the picture I took:



Now JB was not overly impressed with the picture. He asked me what I was doing. I told him I wanted a picture of my flowers. He gently and lovingly reminded me that the pulled out sofa bed in the background that I have been lying on and a barrage of needles and medications would probably not make for the best picture. I didn't disagree but explained that I lacked the energy to move things around. "People will get the idea," I said.

I don't think JB completely agreed with this assumption and instead, he decided to take a picture that more appropriately presented the flowers we had received.

Below, I present my husband, the Artist's photo. Please don't vote and tell me whose is better. I may be drugged up, but I am not a moron. I realize his photo is better, and I am okay with that. However, I didn't think mine was so bad that it shouldn't be included on the blog.



Speaking of flowers, the tulips are out in full bloom here in Minnesota. On our way to the hospital on Tuesday, JB took this picture of the tulips. Aren't they beautiful? He took a picture of me in front of them, but I feel that they are prettier without me in the photo considering my disheveled look.

Speaking of the tulips, they are having a hard time right now. They are having a hard time because it FREEZING here! I mean, it is seriously, freezing. They said we were going to have snow flurries last night. Snow flurries. On May 12. Our superintendent, Ed, told us that they turn on the air conditioning in the building from May 15-September 15. I realized that the air is on a measly FOUR MONTHS and the heat is on for EIGHT. Are you kidding me? To make matters worse, Ed came by to tell us that due to the snow, they were delaying the start of the air. Unbelievable.

Okay, all this talk about cold got me to thinking about the best cold there is! Yes, you guessed it. A Dairy Queen blizzard with chocolate ice cream and double oreos. Can't beat it. Like I had said yesterday, I have not been eating desserts. My friend Kelsey decided to do this with me and made it, like four days. She came in to work and told me she blew it. I figured, "Oh, she grabbed a tiny chocolate bar and ate it." NO! She blew it with a blizzard! That requires getting in your car and driving to the ice cream shop. I don't consider that "blowing it"; I consider that "carefully planning to blow it."

Well, back to my blizzard which was definitely a pre-calculated "blowing it". This first picture is right after JB handed me the blizzard. He even got me a bigger size than I usually got. Please excuse how "been sleeping all day" I look in this photo.

This second picture, below, was after I had taken a few bites and calmed myself down a bit. Notice though, how unbelievably happy I still appear. I do have to admit though, that I was unable to finish the blizzard. There is still some in the freezer waiting for another attempt.


Speaking of crappy food, JB and I have been eating a lot of it. There is something about being at the hospital two out of five days and requiring the chef (a.k.a. JB) to also be the dishwasher (a.k.a. used to be Wendi but is now JB) that brings out the fast food in us. However, the night before my second procedure, the amount of quick eating had gotten to us both, and JB decided to make a great fruit salad.

We've both come to realize that pictures of food aren't exactly the best, but nonetheless, here is a picture of the fruit salad complete with mango and papaya. Very good.

Okay, onto other news ... the news most of you have been seeing on the TV and emailing me about. The conjoined twins. To answer some of your top questions:
  1. Yes, JB has met the twins. They were on his floor when he did his pediatric rotation. However, at the time, they were trying to keep the news media out of it and so, while JB told me, I wasn't allowed to tell anyone else. Quite tortureous. He watched them being pulled up and down the hallway in their redwagon which many of you may have seen on the web or on the news.
  2. Yes, he knows a lot of the doctors in the photos and on the news. I am sure most of his classmates have met many of them as well.
  3. Yes, their surgery started about the same time as my procedure, but no, we didn't see any of it because they were at St. Mary's and I was at Methodist. They do not perform any IVF procedures at St. Mary's because St. Mary's is a Catholic hospital and, Catholics (on the whole) are against children being born without a husband and wife having sex. Now this is obviously, a whole 'nother blog that would take me way too long to get into right now. However, needless to say, I don't agree with them. And if we end up having a child or two from this procedure, I am assuming my child would also disagree with them. Either way, the conjoined twins were at St. Mary's, about a mile from where I was at Methodist.

If you have fallen off of the face of the earth and do not know what I am talking about, just google "Conjoined twins" "Mayo" and you will get a ton of hits that will provide you plenty of pictures. However, here are two. The second one is a favorite of mine because this is the chapel at St. Mary's that I love SOOOOOO much. It is just so peaceful and wonderful, and I just love that photo.


Okay, well I warned you this blog would be a mish mosh and a mish mosh it has been. However before ending the mish and the mosh, I must comment on the controversy currently surrounding American Idol. Yes, you guessed it. I am talking about Chris Daughtry getting voted off. America, trust me, I was as shocked as you were. And now, they are claiming that some of the calls meant for Kris actually went for JB's girlfriend Kat McPhee. (Just kidding JB, geeez, relax! Everyone knows it's a joke.) Also, if JB gets mad about me putting a picture of Chris on my blog, I will just have to respond with putting up a picture of Kat and call it even. I'll even find a picture of Kat in that yellow dress she wore. How 'bout that?


Okay, so that's about it. I think we may go over to Ron & Ebby's tonight. Ron called and thanked JB for wanting to make cheesy chicken marinara. I don't think JB was thinking of cheesy chicken but Ronnie certainly was so cheesy chicken it is. I told JB I could go with to the grocery store if I could ride in one of those little buggies. He asked me if I meant the ones with the streering wheel and the car around them. No darling! Not the one for five-year olds. The old people's buggies with the little cart on the front.

Speaking of old people, I have gained a new respect with how frustrating it is to not be able to walk fast. It takes me FOREVER to get from place to place. The scenery is the same for so long, I just can't wait for a change. JB says he is getting weary of walking with "Pokey Wendi". I am hoping getting out of the house will help renew me energy. We will see.

Mish Mosh signing off. Adios!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The voting off of Chris on American Idol has cast a heavy shadow over that show for me. I can no longer watch it. Chris was, BY FAR, the best singer. JB only likes Miss McPhee because she looks good! He always had a thing for hot chicks!

Josh

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I know Josh and I agree completely. He tells me I have to stop glancing out of the corner of my eye and his expressions when Kat is singning. Although, tell me Josh, were you implying that I was a hot chick when you made that comment? I don't think you were but I am going to take it that way.