Thursday, February 23, 2006

Poor JB

Well, I just made JB some toast and eggs and now he is getting ready to go into the hospital. He has to be there at 7:00 a.m. for his Pediatric rotation. What makes it worse though is that he won't be home until Friday afternoon! That's a lot of time without sleep. He'll try to come home and get some sleep on Friday before my cousin Josh comes into town on Friday evening.

I truly do not know how they stay awake that long! I remember when we went to Europe and I was awake for almost 40 hours straight. It was a miserable existance. I was angry at the world! However they tell you to stay awake or you'll never get on the right sleep schedule. I'm not sure the people that made up that rule have ever actually tried it!

Another bad thing about John being gone overnight is that I really don't like staying at home bymyself. I do feel very safe in our condo, but I still just don't enjoy alone time. I will have the Olympics to keep me company, and I am sure I will end up falling asleep on the couch watching the women's figure skaters.

Speaking of JB, some of you mentioned the vocabularly in his last post. If you thought he was stretching, you couldn't be more wrong. John has an incredible vocabularly and is actually a very good writer. He was actually an English writing minor in college. Sometimes that bothers me. I feel like writing is the one thing that I truly love and, goodness gracious, the guy has way too many interests and things he is good at. I took a second to make a list of his current interests, and they include:

1. Farming
2. Space
3. Reading
4. Medicine
5. Art
7. Nature
8. Animals
9. Ocean
10. Cooking

These are not minor interests. He is very involved in all of these things. My current interests?

1. Writing
2. Exercise

Seriously, I can't think of anything else to put on my list! I really am trying!!! I do like to travel. Maybe I could add traveling to my list. Okay, that's three ... um, being on the computer. Is that an interest? Geeez, I'll have to get back to you my list. That's pretty pitiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't scrap booking one of your interests?
What about playing spades?
what about having people around and making them feel good?
Reading? Lady Di

Anonymous said...

She's such a mom...

Aunt Linda