Tuesday, May 07, 2024

How does Jesus bring meaning to my life?

 ... only in Jesus will you find the life that we TRULY want. 

Ecclesiastes talks about this. What is the point? There is no point in ANYTHING outside of Jesus. He is all that matters. The only thing that matters. Everyone in the cemetery is dead. Nothing they did on Earth or possessions they gained mean ANYTHING. 

In fact: how many people even know the names of their great-grandparents? That isn't that long ago. And yet, it's already a "thing of the past."

But Jesus? Oh Jesus. I have gotten to see Jesus moving in my life. I can see the purpose in the pain that I have been going through since February. I am coming out of it. And I see how much it is going to CHANGE me. 

But what if I didn't have Jesus? What would be the point? What is the purpose? I can't imagine trying to live life without a reason. How empty. How ... useless. 

My parents are in town. It is so wonderful to see them and be with them. I am so thankful that they taught me about Jesus. I truly do not know how people without a Savior approach this life. What is the point? Why not just give up? There is so much HARD. 

But the truth is: this life is meaningless. But Eternity with Jesus is not. It is the whole point. That is the point. 

I've always loved Jesus. 

But I feel my attention has now been shifted PERMANENTLY. 

HE IS THE POINT!

No comments: