Saturday, January 06, 2024

Let January Begin!









January regularly kicks my butt. We do a huge ballet production on the last weekend of every January!

Abigail took her first ballet class ever on August 9, 2015. Who would have guessed how that first class would change our lives!

2017: Sleeping Beauty 
2018: Twelve Dancing Princesses
2019: Ruth & Boaz 
2020: Pollyanna 
2021: The Snow Queen (Covid cast) 
2022: Beauty & the Beast 
2023: Genesis 
2024: Tangled 

This is our eighth show! I cannot believe it! I'm actually trying to remember what show Hannah was in for the first time? I think it was RUTH & BOAZ. We had her try out for the 2017 show, but I think we decided she wasn't ready until 2019. 

She left after her rehearsal with Ms. Marilyn (pictured above) to spend the night and hang out with her BFF/cousin Genevieve. I LOVE that Hannah has a partner in her little Genevieve. They are like sisters and have been totally raised together since they were three!

I am also so excited about Hannah being the narrator in the upcoming production. I think this is such a good opportunity to push herself outside of just dancing. She does love to dance, but she also has an acting love too that I think this will foster. Abigail doesn't mind the stage in acting, but she is definitely more ballet-focused. 

Today is the first practice at the theatre. Because I am still under-the-weather, I got cousin Ana to take Abigail in early. Aunt Jan and Uncle Ed brought Hannah. And I'll bring Isaac and Eoin up after lunch. Sidge won't have to start working backstage for a couple more weeks.

No comments: