Sunday, January 28, 2024

In these moments

The fatigue of a weekend of shows is INTENSE. And I'm not dancing. I do run the downstairs, but I have been very purposeful this year in spreading the responsibilities even more. I haven't been able to watch a complete show, but today (Sunday), I will do that. 

The kids have been fantastic. John is amazing. Doing this together? The six of us. Truly is priceless. It's incredibly rare that a family is not dominated by a lopsided activity where certain kids are involved and others are not. The six of us doing this together has been amazing. Nearly every show has been sold out. For Hannah? It's an amazing opportunity! She really loves acting, and for this show, she loves it more than dancing. She does get to slide into two dancing roles outside of her Newton narrator character. 

I love a small town. I love the community coming together for things. I love Isaac having an opportunity to sing and act in Newsies in April. Sound of Music is coming to Greeneville, and I think three of the kids may tryout. 

Sidge doesn't feel left-out. He's doing backstage. This is his SIXTH year! He started when he was just nine-years-old. He loves his "Snack Man" nickname, and is relieved the show doesn't fall on his birthday this year. (He honestly HATES being sung to. Like, with a passion ...) Sidge's interests are different than the other kids, but he is so amazingly and passionately focused on the Safari trip that JB and he are taking in the summer of 2025 that he couldn't care less if everyone else loves acting. We are also preparing to move the boys to the garage "apartment." He will be setting up a new/different fish tank over there (sichlids?) and that has got him super excited as well.

Well, we are off ... one more show. Than co-op tomorrow, and ... Isaac starts Newsies rehearsals tomorrow. I know we are busy. But I also KNOW this doesn't last. I know it. I love that my kids will find their passion and their people/person and move on with their life. And I will enjoy a different pace when they are gone, but right now, I want to BE in these moments.

No comments: