Thursday, February 20, 2020

We Bought a Farm: Enjoying the Land



It's very brown here right now. But it's still our land. And it's still beautiful. And when the rain stops (which hasn't been often recently) and the sun comes out, sometimes you just take a walk and you sit on the side of the hill and be

We have spent some time in our homeschool group talking about love languages over the last two weeks. Abigail's love language is physical touch. She needs hugs and to have you stroke her arm. She asks for you to lay with her in bed each evening. And since she is aware of this need, she will ask for hugs repeatedly throughout the day. 

Abigail had a rough Monday. She had to learn some lessons about relationships and people. So when we got home and it wasn't raining and we could be in our t-shirts, she told me she needed to just be with me. We took a walk on the farm and sat down. We didn't really talk. She just laid her head on my lap and together we just were

This is hard. Life is busy. But oh these memories. These moments.


2 comments:

Stacy said...

I love that she knew to ask to be with you. I pray my daughter is that in touch with her emotions one day and that I would be available for her as well. Love hearing your share from your heart about your relationship with your kids!

Jane said...

I just read a book review about a rabbit who collects treasures/memories in a jar and this post reminds me of it! https://whattoreadtoyourkids.com/2020/02/20/curating-memories/