Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Love my Military Family

There is just something about your military family. And yes, I am still in a military family even though we are no longer actually in active-duty service. 

A few days ago, I put a post up on Facebook about our Harry Potter wand "conundrum." Here is what I posted:



I had so many wonderful responses and suggestions, but a friend from Portugal (who wasn't even an intimate friend). Here is what she wrote on the Facebook post: 

Wendi, we have one I will send you! PM me your mailing address. When you go to the wand shop they pick the youngest looking child and sell to them by having them try it out. Cool things happen in the shop as the child is instructed to point the wand around the room.Then you hear "the wand CHOOSES the wizard, Mom!!!!" until you agree to buy it! LOL Outside the shop in Diagon alley there are reactive displays that will respond when you point the wand. For what it's worth, we only bought one for our youngest. (We'd been before and didn't buy.) Our youngest was too short to ride many rides (our eldest and youngest are 12 years apart) so we bought the wand so our littlest felt special.

I wrote Katherine back and offered to pay shipping. She said: 

I'll get it in the mail this weekend! No worries about shipping -- it's light! I hope it still works! Have the best time!

Or were the kiddos excited when the wand came in the mail:




I absolutely LOVE how the military takes care of each other. I also LOVE how social media can do GOOD things and not just BAD things! There is a lot of negative press about technology (some of which is from me!) but there is also a lot of good things that can happen through the connections we get online.

Feeling loved today,


No comments: