Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Piano: Isaac shows Mom up ... again

I am still clunking away ... painfully ... on the piano. Since the piano teacher comes to our house every Thursday to conduct NINE piano lessons between the Kotysnki and Kitsteiner families and she charges me a "bulk" price ... well, what is the difference if I just keep ... clunking away.

I don't want to quit. And so I don't. I am moving at a fraction of the speed that the children are moving but I keep on ... clunking away.

An example of my clunking is provided (for your entertainment) below:


Music comes so easily to Isaac. Sidge struggles a bit more, but works very hard. Abigail is really doing well with piano and seems to enjoy it. She does seem to be very "arts" minded. Hannah is still young, but she's catching on and doing a good job reading music now. 

But me? Well, it's an uphill battle. It truly is like speaking a foreign language. 

Only, maybe worse. 

But learning a language (Turkish) and learning an instrument (piano) was on my bucket list.

So, I clunk away ... 

1 comment:

Joia said...

I'm still so impressed with you, Wendi. Did you ever take lessons as a child, or start from scratch as an adult? Learning anything has got to be that much more difficult now, and I'm really proud of you for sticking with it. <3