Friday, May 17, 2019

An introvert blooms












You’d never guess that during the ten minutes before Abigail went on stage with her trio team, she was fighting off horrendous nerves and tears. The fear and her shyness has, since she was little, been nearly debilitating. 

As her mom, my stomach and emotions are in knots when I watch this taking place. I feel like my heart is walking around in this child and I can’t make it stop hurting. We do NOT push her to perform. She wants to do it so badly. And yet as she fights back tears and I have to beg her not to cry because I have just learned how to do makeup and have no idea how to fix it if it runs, I doubt whether this is good for her. 

And then she performs. The moment she walks out on stage, it’s like there is an entirely different child in the same body. She looks so at ease. She performs her best when it’s game time. It’s something to watch. 

A huge thank you to Elizabeth Sparks (pictured above) and LoriAnn Sparks for working with these girls. LoriAnn couldn’t be there this weekend but her influence on my girl is amazing. 

Also to our dear Anni (in purple) who helped with costumes. What a fun group of people. What a fun time. 

Oh to be a parent. The emotions. The joys. The pride. 

The love. 

No comments: