Sunday, February 24, 2019

Enjoying Florida

We got to see numerous bald eagles including one flying with a fish in his claws!
We left for Florida on the morning of Wednesday, February 20th. We drove to St. Augustine where we got to the see the famous Fort and have dinner, and then stopped in a hotel near Merritt Island, Florida. On Thursday morning we spent a half day doing nature stuff together as a family. We saw tons of new birds, manatees, and alligators! We then drove the rest of the way to my parents' home in Coconut Creek, Florida. Here were a few pictures I took along the way of our time between leaving Tennessee and arriving in Florida:

We saw tons of new birds. Two of the highlights were the Painted Bunting and the Florida Scrub Jay
I decided to really make an effort to not need technology to entertain us in the car. I spent $100 on "car activities" for the kiddos. The boys read a lot of the time and didn't need most of the things I bought, but Hannah loved my purchases and entertained herself most of the way. We ended up watching only one movie on the whole trip.
I brought Hannah's baby scrapbook in the car and was working on it.
Our new car (Ford Expedition) made for a lot of space for the drive!
Check out the Alligator
We are so excited to have a week in South Florida with our family. My parents live here. My brother and his family live just a few doors down from my parents. Grama Joni lives here. Bri lives here. And John’s bother Matt and his family are back in South Florida after a year in South Carolina. Great Aunt Betsy is here too. Lots of people to see. We are also going to go home through Tampa and see our good friends Patty & Yamil and spend a day at Busch Gardens. 

Here are just a few pics from our drive down the Sunshine State .... more to come!

1 comment:

TAV said...

You are brave. Road trips with children is at the bottom of my "fun things to do" list (maybe it'll be easier when they're older). Looks like you had a great time!