Thursday, February 01, 2018

Elijah "Sidge" is nine

Our Elijah Luke "Sidge" turned NINE YEARS OLD yesterday. I'll use the same expressions as all other parents and say I have no idea how it happened and how he's grown so fast and where all the time has gone. It's the truth. I could go on and on about it. But instead, I'll just say the things I love about Sidge with some photos:

I love how kind Sidge's heart is. He is so giving and thoughtful to his siblings and generally wants them to be happy and loved. He gives hugs so easily, to people he's just met. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Yesterday, we went to the aquarium for his birthday. My parents gave him some money to buy something in the gift shop, but he just couldn't pick something. He kept starting to cry while trying to choose. Finally he told us what the problem was -- he knew how much his siblings wanted something too -- could he buy something smaller and get them something? Mannnn was that a sweet moment when he walked out of the gift shop with that bag and surprised his brother and sisters with a stuffed animal he had picked out for each of them.

I love how much he loves this farm. This land brings him joy, and he can just tear up talking and walking through the fields. "I just love this farm, Mom," he will say. "Don't you love it too? Could you imagine living anywhere else but here Mom?"

I love how diligent Sidge is. He worked backstage at the ballet and did an amazing job. He wants to do well. He wants to follow the rules and directions. He wants to please people and make us proud. His mind is so smart -- he has no idea how much smartness is inside him.

I love how passionate Sidge is. He's like his Mommy with that. I love that he can tear up with "happy tears" just seeing someone else find joy. And he can cry with his sister while she gets her shots. He has an amazing zeal and zest for life that cannot be duplicated.

I love how much he loves animals, especially his boy Ritter. He grieved Scrubs the hardest (next to me) and he just loves having these new dogs in his life.

In all my years as a parent, I don't think I will ever forget the moment that this picture was snapped. Sidge spotting his first ever bald eagle -- a dream of his. The kid loves nature. He can tell me more about it than I could ever even want to know. He is so much like his Dad in that.

Happy birthday to our miracle boy. We never thought we would have you and then we thought we lost you at birth. But here you are -- nine years old and in third grade. We love you sooooo much!!!

1 comment:

TAV said...

Happy birthday, Sidge!