Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Review: Drive Thru History Adventures

Drive Thru History Adventures
Oh my goodness do I have a review for you! Seriously, I've been soooooo excited to write this review since the moment we clicked on the link and had the opportunity to watch our very first video. My kids were ecstatic about it from the very beginning, and while it was my third grade boys who took the most away from it, my young daughters (ages 4 and 6) also really enjoyed this program. Drive Thru History Adventures offers an AMAZING (and I mean AMAZING!) series of Homeschool Video Curriculums that will be the answer to your history for an entire school year (and maybe even two!!!)

I loved it so much that I had to have my husband sit down and watch them. I left for an afternoon and gave him an an assignment to watch it with the boys. When I arrived home, John could not stop raving. John is a tough sell. He doesn't like things done half way or "mostly well." He's a perfectionist and expects other people to do their best. He had nothing but good things to say about this program. And you won't either! Seriously! It is amazing.

(Have I said that enough times to hammer it home!?)

I wanted to start by saying that these are told from a Christian perspective but not to an obnoxious degree. I say that to say sometimes we get a Christian curriculum and there is so much "faith" scattered that I feel it is actually detracting from the learning of the "stuff." But this is not the case with Drive Thru History Adventures. In each weekly lesson, host David Stotts takes you via video around the world. He does so with incredible knowledge, entertainment, and a great dose of humor. (He is really funny! Like my kids laughing out loud type of funny!) In addition the videos are done so well. This is not a Christian curriculum done half-way. It is absolutely stellar. Honestly think Wild Kratts or Crocodile Hunter. David is a fantastic host and the videos are equally fantastic.

So firstly there are three different curriculum choices available. They are:
    Drive Thru History Adventures
  • Bible History Adventures: The Bible History course follows the life of Jesus. Dave takes viewers to over 50 ancient sites in Israel as he tells the story of Jesus from locations recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. 18 weeks.
  • American History Adventures: So much from moving from Columbus to the Constitution sharing events  that shaped the founding of our great country. 12 weeks.
  • Ancient History Adventures: This time Dave goes on a world history adventure and shares how these ancient civilizations and the Christian faith helped shape Western Civilization. 12 weeks.
But it isn't just videos. There are also readings and questions. For example, let's take Episode 5 in the "American History Curriculum." The following options are available:
  • Watch the video (usually around 30 minutes)
  • Read a summary
  • View photos
  • Read some "suggested readings" which are included
  • Answer some discussion questions
  • Do a worksheet 
  • Dig Deeper
Even better is that this program can be used for a whole family. Younger children in the 5-11 age range (where my kids fit) can just watch the videos and answer some basic questions. But older children can dig deeper and go further with the curriculum. We loved it so much that we watched videos from all three sections and there is no doubt that we will finish this curriculum and watch every single thing on here. (And I am sure I am not the only person hoping he will keep doing more!)
But wait, it gets better! There is actually an "Adventures TV" section. This includes the videos from the Bible, American, and Ancient History listed above plus a bunch of other fun stuff like:
  • Dave's Adventures
  • Side Roads
  • Behind the Scenes
  • Dig Deeper                 
Some other awesome stuff include the fact that you can play these videos on multiple platforms as show in the image below:
Drive Thru History Adventures
Here are some screen shots that demonstrate how professional this program looks:
Drive Thru History Adventures



I could go on and on and on and on. Please know that every single dollar you spend on this program will be worth it. These are Homeschool Video Curriculums that you will never regret purchasing. (If you only count the 42 lessons, the total cost works out to about $3 a lesson! You can't beat that.) Also, while the annual subscription is cheaper than monthly, you can also try this program out for one month just to see if what I am saying is accurate. 

As always, feel free to email me at wkitsteiner@gmail.com or shoot me a Facebook message to ask me more about the program. I always encourage people reading my reviews to follow-up and ask me questions to determine how good of a fit this is for your family.

P.S. There is an awesome coupon available right now. They are offering a set of Free DVD Gospels with your annual subscriptions. Click here to check out this offer.

P.S.S. BUT WAIT!!!! You can also save 20% on your annual subscription. Drive-Thru History Adventures is offering a 20% off coupon for reader of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine. Click here to view an electronic copy of the magazine. The ad with coupon is on page 19!

Drive Thru History Adventures - Subscription {Drive Thru History Adventures Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: