Wednesday, April 03, 2013

He is with me

So many times in my life, the Lord has walked me through dark places or deep valleys. Over and over and over again.

Why then, when I enter a new valley, do I forget that He is walking along side me, carrying me even? That He did it before. That He'll do it again.

While I am not totally over the early sickness of this pregnancy, the morning sickness has dissipated so tremendously. I have battled some down feelings that have too been dissipating. The last few days I have been feeling a lot of anxiety. I know all of this is related to hormones and morning sickness. I know the Lord is with me. I know He will walk through this with me too.

Or do I?

And yet, just like my own children, I cry and whine about the current place I am in. God oh God save me from this place right now. I act like He just didn't just show himself a few days or weeks or months or years earlier. I act like I deserve His immediate rescue from my current plight.

As Paul said in Phillipians 4: 12, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

I have no wants in my life. I really have no needs. I have been blessed beyond anything I could ask or think. And yet I still find myself asking Him for more. Lord, bring my heart peace and my life contentment today ... where I am.

Amen.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness! You are pregnant (haven't been to your blog in months obviously!). So thrilled for you Wendi. Congratulations! And so happy to catch up on your family....

Anonymous said...

Amen.-Sonia