Monday, November 01, 2010

Seriously?!

I don't believe in luck. Or bad luck. But maybe I should.

I tell you, when it comes to people and fixing stuff at our house, I have the worst luck.

Firstly. Our bathtub. They came and fixed it once. This includes the base fix-it people who have to come, agree that it is under warranty (the houses are so new) and then instead send the people who built the house.

But it was still leaking. The leak was a lot slower but was there nonetheless.

I put it off as long as I could and then called again. Yet again the base fix-it people had to come, agree that it is, still, under warranty, and send the other guys.

The other guys come on Friday. They fix the very minor issue of our gate door not latching without great difficulty. (They have fixed one gate already but now the other one is doing it.) Then they tell me that they can't do the bathtub until Monday. Really?!

Or as they say in Turkey: Oyle mi!

So I tell them anytime on Monday is okay. As soon as they drive away, I regret this decision. Between 1 and 3pm in my home is quiet time. The boys nap. I rest. I just don't like to be bothered by outside forces during this time.

So the morning proceeds normally. 1pm rolls around. When they weren't here by 1pm, I decided to put the boys down. I was exhausted. But not ten minutes after I laid down, they showed up. I kid you not. Of all the hours in the day, why is it that exactly when I have quiet time, the quiet evaporates?

Is that bad luck or Murphy's Law or what is it?

I'm not sure but I do know that it stopped me from getting a nap. Bummer!

2 comments:

Doctor Yaolin said...

I really love your writing. I am very happy for your (Grown) family.

Brittny said...

Ok, I have been reading, but still had some catching up to do and am never logged in so I can comment. Here goes:

- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE he haircut!!!!! You look awesome and so trendy! I was thinking in the photo of the women's club how pretty your hair looked (and how green and lush it looks there too) and then read farther down and saw why. Never thought about having to get my haircut if we are overseas, but now I will.

- Can't believe the boys are in toddler beds! We moved ours really early and I just say, you gotta face it eventually so just get it over with! You will have some struggles, but I think it's easier to teach them the younger they are than the older they are.

- I'm so glad that your mom and Joan were able to visit. I loved keeping up with all you guys did together! What a special treat!

- Finally, glad to see you can wear long sleeves now. We still aren't there yet, but the weather says at the end of the week it should be cool enough. It's been unusually warm this October.

- Oh, forgot. We put in our list next week. Can't believe it's already here!!! We have to do it earlier, but I doubt we will find out sooner.

Give the little boys kisses for me and tell John hello!! Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!