Saturday, January 09, 2010

Prayer list

I received another email tonight from a gal struggling to get pregnant. I receive so many. So many people who read this blog. So many comments. So many emails. So many women dreaming of motherhood. Or dreaming of motherhood again for those struggling with secondary infertility. Miscarriages. Stillborns. Unexplained infertility. Failed IUIs. Failed IVFs. Considering adoption. Adoption losses. There are so many women (and men) that need our prayers.

So I have decided that we need a prayer list. I need a prayer list. I can't keep up. I am going to keep this page bookmarked off the side of my blog. If you would like us to pray for you, please put a comment on this blog. You don't have to leave your full name if you are not comfortable with that. You can just leave your first name if you prefer. Tell us what you need prayer for. It doesn't have to be pregnancy-related. It can be something else as well.

If your prayer is answered, please pop back on at some point to let us know.

I will be compiling the names (and the answered prayers) below as they come in via comments. Please do not hesitate to include yourself. Remember, it doesn't matter how long you have been trying. I receive many emails from women who say: "I've been trying for so short a time. I feel guilty writing you." Any amount of grief is grief. And grief we can pray for.

And remember, it can be non-kid-related. All prayer requests will be given fair consideration. (Ha ha! Just kidding!)

So, comment away. Let's get people praying!

Current list:
  • Brittney and family: God's guidance in future adoptions
  • Amanda: Infertility concerns
  • Jess: God's guidance in future infertility vs. adoption options
  • Kelli: Moving onto adoption; grieving infertility

8 comments:

Rabens Family said...

God has blessed our family through the miracle of birth and adoption. My husband and I are not able to have anymore children of our own because I no longer have my uterus. We praise the Lord everyday for our two beautiful and healthy young girls. However we are praying for God's direction and guidance to see if He has any more children to add to our family. We would love to have a boy, but are waiting for God to direct our path. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Amanda said...

Hi Wendi, I've written you before, I haven't actually tried to have children but I was told I probably can't have kids of my own after I stopped getting periods. I would appreciate any prayers.

Thanks,
Amanda O

Jess said...

Hey, I'm game...More prayer for more people is always good.

And I'll take you up on the offer for prayer...that we just know what the right thing is and how/if to proceed with trying again.

I know, way to make labeling me easy, huh? :)

This is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Do you have any advice on what to do when you find out that your sister-in-law, after 5 years of struggling with fertility (they have one healthy daughter who is 6.5) finally got pregnant only to find out that their little boy has Trisomy 18? They are a couple of tremendous faith - I know that they will come out of this, however, as a helpless family member, I don't know what to do or what to say. Be silent? Offer support? I don't want to seem uncaring, yet I don't want to be overbearing.

While I know that you're journey did not include dealing with Trisomy 18,I know that through your journey, you learned a lot about how to cope with difficult situations surrounding fertility, etc. As a bystander, it is hard to know what the right thing to do is. Your advice / wisdom is much appreciated (and no problem if you don't have any to give). And than you for your honesty on your blog, it has been amazing to follow your journey.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Anonymous, I don't have any direct advice (first-hand) for your sister-in-law. I can't even fathom this pain. But I do know of a few websites that I have followed regarding this. They include:

http://jonathansbabyjournal.blogspot.com/

http://mattandginny.blogspot.com/

I hope this helps. If you want to post her first name, we could add her to our prayer list?

Kelli said...

Hey Wendi :)
We are in a transition stage right now - I haven't blogged about it yet, but we are moving on to adoption after 4 IUIs and 3 IVFs in 3 1/2 years...
I'm excited, anxious, worried, and so happy. Thanks for your prayers and always making me smile through your blog.
xoxo
-Kelli

Janelle Keller said...

My husband and I are moving onto adoption after having infertility for 2.5 years. We are SO Excited! --and nervous! :) But we feel so happy about it and it really 'feels' right with lots of hope (a FIRST for a long time!) Keep us in your prayers.
~Janelle :)

Carrie said...

Hi Wendi, thanks for your great blog. I'm also dealing with infertility problems and feel a bit lost at the moment, not knowing which path to take.
Thank you in advance for your prayers!