Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Little tid bits

Nothing BIG going on but lots of small things going on. So I thought I would give you some bullet points of our lives.

  • My eyelid issue: Well, Jb finally talked me into letting him fix my eye next time. This little snip at the dermatologist cost us $110. If he can't convince me through guilt trips, he can convince me through money. Am I Dutch or what? So next time, I'll let JB cut open my eye on the kitchen counter.
  • Buh Bye Kristi & Logan: Well, I took Kristi and Logan back to the airport on Monday. We had a wonderful time. Jb cooked some awesome food over the long weekend and even babysat for us once so that we could do some shopping. It rained a lot while they were here, but I was so blessed to spend time with Kristi and get to know my awesome little goddaughter better. Logan is so much fun. The day after she left, both Jb and I agreed that we missed her cute little "hi" and farm animal noises. She has an awesome personality and is so fun to be around.
  • Buh Bye OBGYN: Jb is done with his OBGYN rotation. While he enjoyed this, the hours were tough (about 80 hours a week). He now has a one week endocrine rotation before he starts his research rotation on Monday.
  • Weather: The weather right now is wonderful. It has been in the 60's nearly every day. Today it was a little cold (50's) but overall, just wonderful weather. The leaves are changing and JB and I have been going out each evening and either biking or running.
  • TV Shows: The start of Jb onto the beloved research rotation has encouraged us to watch more TV than usual. In the past, we've had time for Survivor and that's about it. However, we now have a few more favorites. Two of our interests are Lost and Prison Break. (I really like Prison Break but don't pass that around -- it's very unlike me.)
  • Thanksgiving: We plan to go to Chicago for Thanksgiving. We are excited about this as Jason & Kathleen and Josh & Sarah will be with the Huisman side this year. We plan to spend Thursday and Friday with them and then Saturday and part of Sunday with the Kotynskis who are home from Indonesia!
  • Christmas Break: Today I got up the guts to ask my boss at Mayo to give me two weeks off for Christmas Break. I was dreading this. He is very good to me, but really prefers that I don't miss more than a few days at a time. But I asked, and even though he gulped, he said yes (with my promise to do some work from Florida). This means that we are going to take the longest Christmas Break that we have ever had. We plan to be gone from the 16th to the 31st or so. Of course, included in this is our cruise to Mexico which we are looking forward to.
  • Kits Koming: Well it's about to be Kit-Mania in Rochester. Ray, Gabbi and Grace arrive on Saturday and stay until the following Sunday. Mom and Dad come in the next weekend for a four day visit. We are so excited to see our families and have them in town. JB has been busy planning what he wants to cook during their visit. I can't wait to hug GRACIE!
  • Meet & Greet: On Monday evening, JB and I went to a little social for the 2nd floor of our condominium. This was initiated by Susan George and her husband Tom. They are probably in their 70's or 80's and Susan can talk more than any woman I have ever met -- seriously. Her husband just lets her go. They are so cute! Well, we officially met all of our new neighbors as we have had 2 new condo owners in the last 3 or 4 months. Jb and I are by far the youngest. Everyone is in their 70's and 80's and little "Kit" is 90! The next youngest is a divorced woman in her late 40's who just moved in across from us. This was a really fun time.
  • Jb's Hobbies: Jb has some recent interests including his 2 love birds (they have a new cage), his fish (he is cleaning out their tank as we speak), Harry Potter, (he finally decided he needed to see what all the fuss and arguments were about), and of course, cooking. He cooks new things everyday. He has also been reading a book about composting toilets. I have no idea what this is about and have decided not to ask.
  • Wendi's Work: Things are going well for me at the Foundation, Mayo, and at Rochester Women. Tomorrow evening I am actually going to meet with my Editor from RW about another free lance opportunity. We will see what comes of this. I enjoy the writing but it is a little stressful trying to write what someone else wants. However, my dream since I was young was to be a writer. I was unable to do Newspaper Journalism in college becuase of basketball, but maybe I will eventually be just a writer again.
  • My hubby Rocks: I just wanted to take a moment to tell everyone that I am married to the best husband in the world. We've been through a rough few years, but he has stood by my side and been my best friend every step of the way. I truly know that whatever life holds for our future, we will move through it together. I have been to the doctor more times than I like to think about since coming to Rochester, and he has only missed one appointment! He has willingly gotten up with me at all hours of the night and administered daily shots without blinking. I truly am in love. We went through a very rough stretch but have come out on the other side with shining colors. I LOVE YOU Jb!

1 comment:

CW said...

Glad you guys are well! Keep it up!