Tuesday, September 06, 2005

hangin' with family
























Tuesday morning, Jason and Kathleen, left our Polar North home to return to good ol' Illinois. It was their first visit to Minnesota since we got here in 2003, and while Jason had been to Rochester to visit Josh & Justin when they played baseball for the Rochester Honkers once upon a time, Kathleen had never been to Rochester before.

The second part of the trip was filled with a visit to a local orchard where event hough we forget to bring cash or check, the wonderful owner said we could do what we liked and just "send him a check" later. We also spent the evening with the Rays for a fun Labor Day Cookout.

Long weekends like this make me so thankful for the wonderful family the Lord has blessed us with. I am also so thankful that Jason (who in Kentucky would evoke the locals to whisper "bless his heart") married such a wonderful woman like Kathleen. She definitely "completes him" and we are glad to have her as part of our family. I am sure that right now, Jason is sitting at his home six hours a way, with adorable Cullen on his knee, thinking something very sarcastic that he would say if he was sitting here next to me. But sine he isn't, I can write anything I want.

I look forward to November when we get to join the Huismans in Chicago for Thanksgiving.



No comments: