Wednesday, February 15, 2023

I sometimes wonder ...

... if this Blog will die. 

I actually find I have less time now, with four teenagers, then I did when the kiddos were little. I am trying as hard as I can to keep it going. To keep remembering. To keep the memories. To tell the stories. 

But I continue to think: "Will ____ get mad at me for posting this?"

I am also finding that homeschooling four kids (plus lots of other "adopted" children into our community) takes a lot of time. I want to do it well. I want to be present. I want to help teach them how to learn, how to think, how to make intelligent decisions, how to be present in a world that does not have the TRUTH anymore ... instead it has my TRUTH. 

How does that work anyways? How does it work if there is no definitive right and wrong. There are some, of course, but this world has gotten mighty crazy. That is what I am busy fighting for. It's worth the fight! I have to be present! I have to answer the hard questions (especially when JB isn't around.) A large number of children leave the faith. Statistics, years ago, used to say they leave in college. What we are seeing now is that these children are making their decisions around the age of 12-13 years old. 

I believe that social media is KILLING our children. Instead of asking their Grandmother who God is, they ask google. And google will tell them that whatever truth they want ... that's what the truth is. 

The only issue? The gamble on whose truth you are playing with can cost you eternity. There are big odds at stake. The world says: Do whatever makes you happy. But are people happy? They seem sadder than ever. 

We MUST teach our children to lean on our Jesus. That's it. That's the only way for peace and contentment. Everything comes back to Jesus. 

So I teach my children, every day, to LOVE everyone. And by LOVE I don't just mean it in a generic sense. I mean it in the deep, religious, Jesus-sense. Love them. Support them. Be there for them. Pray for them. 

But don't be afraid to say that you believe Jesus is the ONLY thing that can save our world.

Because I believe this is THE truth.  

No comments: