Thursday, February 17, 2022

I find it hard to believe ...

 ... how quickly the week gets away from me.

I also find that more and more, it's hard for me to know what to write on my Blog.

For so long, my life was infertility. Then adoption. Then young children.

Now my children are growing, and I am finding I have to be more careful with what I share. So sometimes I don't share anything at all.

So, I must write about me. 

And I honestly like writing about my kids more. 

We went to the Greenbrier in West Virginia. My journey getting ready for this event with my friend Erin was something I really wanted to record. 

But lately, life just feels ... hard.

I have been battling migraines for what feels like 20+ years. I remember getting my first migraine when I was about 19-20 years old. I was helping my roommate Kristi get ready for what classes we would take at Western Kentucky University. Back then, nothing was on computer. We had a newspaper print out guide for our classes. We'd scour and piece together the best schedule, and then, at our assigned time, we'd call in on a phone and hope to get through quick enough to get the classes we wanted. 8:00am classes were easy to get. As the day got later, it would get harder to get your choice of classes.

In the middle of trying to read the brochure, I found I could not read the brochure. Lights were blinding me. It was my first migraine.

The next 25 years have continued a series of these headaches/migraines. Sometimes they are bad. Sometimes not so bad. But lately I have been struggling with these things on a nearly daily basis. I have gone to a neurologist and am trying some things. 

But in the midst of that, I am dealing with some hormonal issues as well. The combination has left me a bit battered and exhausted ...

And now, my husband and sons want to use the computer to watch a show. 

And so this story will be continued another time.

Stay tuned for more.

(Hopefully).

If I don't get distracted again.

No comments: