Tuesday, June 30, 2020

We Bought a Farm: The Work is Never Done



There is ALWAYS a project on the farm. Living a slow life sounds idyllic. And in many ways it is amazingly simple, but it is also a life that requires many things to be on your counter in various stages of preparation. You don't produce berries all year. You produce them during a portion of the year. And if you don't store them correctly, you won't have them for later in the year. 

To be honest: I'm not very good at all the preparing/canning/packaging of food. My mother-in-law, Mary, heads up a majority of this. I am often there, following directions and helping, but it isn't my passion, and I'm not good at it ... yet. I'm sure like with everything around here, I will grow.

To live off the land requires WORK. Plain and simple.

Speaking of work, I wanted to take the time to give a FULL tour of our garden. I cannot take ANY credit for this. I've done very little. Without our wwoofer/surrogate family member Jacob, I don't think we'd even have half of what we have. He and JB work on this a lot, but with JB working full-time off the farm, there is only so much time. Jacob is integral to the success of the garden. 

Truly, seeing this just does a weary body good. I hope you enjoy seeing what some seeds in the ground have the ability to do:



Here are a few other videos that might interest you if these two did: 




    I continue to learn to love and appreciate the refuge and respite of the Bauernhof. The sis my home. And it is an oasis from the storms raging outside its walls. I'm blessed to live within it's hills.

     

    No comments: