Friday, May 15, 2020

The Discomfort You are Feeling is Grief

Years from now. Maybe decades. I hope this Blog is still here. I hope I am still writing in it. It's been my goal to never let it waste away -- even if my posts become further and farther between. I've been going since 2005! I can keep going. This will be a record for all of the little people that will come out of the life John and I have made together. (Little people that will someday become big people and hopefully make their own little people.)

COVID-19 makes me want to make sure to keep writing. Years from now we will be "the people" who lived through this pandemic. It will be in our history just like the other pandemics. We will speak of it with our grandchildren. We want them to read about it. We want them to learn of it. And learn from it.

It is hard to believe that someday, this will be a BLIP on our radar. But it will. Just a BLIP. A small "pause" in the way we normally live.

Right now, this is not comfortable. Whatever your view about what is happening and how it is being handled, we have no reference for this event, and it doesn't feel good. 

Oh sure, the extra family time can be good. So much good will come out of this. Of that I have no doubt. Just the fact that God promises he will use ALL things for good is enough for me. 

But still. Not hugging people isn't right. Avoiding people in the stores. Wearing a mask. Heck, tonight I am going to a drive-in graduation party. None of this feels ... right. 

My life, like all of your's has changed. But if I am being honest, my life has changed much less than most people. We were already living a life on our farm. A slow life. (Or trying to.) We have our own meat and our eggs and our own places to hike and walk and BE. 

And yet, this doesn't feel good. I want it to be over. I want it to be a dream. 

The article linked below really spoke to me. We are grieving. We are grieving loss. Don't be alone in this grief. We are doing this pandemic with technology and the ability to not be alone. So let's make sure we do this together.
 
Click here to read: That Discomfort You are Feeling is Grief

No comments: