Thursday, September 12, 2019

This is Natalie




This is Natalie.

Natalie is my friend.

I don't work outside of the home. 

Natalie does. 

My kids are homeschooled. 

Natalie's are in public school.

Friends don't have to see each other every day.

They don't have to have everything in common.

They maybe don't see each other ever day or even every week.

Natalie and I went to the Spa for a day off.

She took a day off of work.

I took a day off of mom and farm duties.

We ate.

We relaxed.

We talked.

We slept.

(Slept for three hours in the middle of the day in a lawn chair kind of slept.)

Friendships look very different. 

We may have a best friend.

We may have a church friend.

We may have a work friend.

We may have a let's-go-to-the-spa-friend.

I know that even if I don't speak to Natalie for an extended period of time, she is still my friend.

I like Natalie.

No comments: