Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"A" for effort (and other smiles)


The boys decided to take all the cushions off the couch and make a playground all over the living room. I let them play but then informed them, before dinner, that they had to put all the cushions back on.

Five minutes later they came into the kitchen to tell me that the mission was accomplished. The cushions were indeed back on the couch, albeit a little bit less than ideally.

"Mommy, we put the cushions back on the couch," Isaac told me. "This was the only way we knew how to do it."

An "A" for effort I suppose.

Here are some other funny things that have been going on in our home recently.

+++++

Me: "Isaac, did you hit your brother?"
Isaac: "I did."
Me: "You are not supposed to hit your brother."
Isaac: "But Mommy. Please. Let me tell you about my situation."


+++++

Isaac: (Bringing me a Christmas box filled with cars.) "Here's your present."
Me: "It's a wonderful present."
Isaac: "It's as wonderful as you."

+++++


Me: "Isaac, are you wiping off your banana hands on the wall?"
Isaac: "Yes."
Me: "Isaac, we don't do that. We wipe our hands on a towel."
Isaac: "I thought the wall was a towel."

+++++


Me: "What book do you want to read?"
Isaac: "My Richard Scarry book."
Me: "Oh." (Richard Scarry is JB's thing. I get a little bored by it and have told Isaac it isn't my favorite in the past. I must have told him I wasn't a fan of Richard because Isaac came back with ...)
Isaac: "Mommy. Oh I forgot. Do you not want to read Richard Scarry. Are you not a fan?"

+++++

Many mornings Elijah comes in to the kitchen and tell JB, "I'm hungry." JB, in return, does that annoying thing parents do and says, "Hi hungry. I'm Daddy."

So this morning when Elijah came in to the kitchen he said, "Hey Daddy. I'm hungry. And please don't say Hi hungry."

+++++

Isaac looking outside told me, "Mom, it's pretty still wet out."

+++++

Isaac came up to JB and said, and I quote him exactly. "Daddy, I was looking for my flashlight. So I went upstairs to find it, but I had no idea where it is. And it was nowhere to be found."

+++++

Isaac while receiving kisses from Scrubby said, "That's enough for now Scrubby."

+++++

We let the boys have books in bed. However, their room is so dark, they can't really see to read them. We've been having a lot of bedtime woes with Elijah (more on that when I have the energy to write a post on it) so sometimes, when Elijah opens the door and is stuck at the gate we put up, Isaac will just sit there and read while he waits for Elijah to be done with his hysterics. We finally decided, after much debate, to let Isaac have a night light in his room. JB brought it in. And the following conversation ensued:
Isaac: "Is that for me Daddy?"
John: "It is. Do you want it?"
Isaac: "No. I don't. But that was really nice of you Daddy."

1 comment:

AW said...

I love reading about your boys conversations! I try to record as many of my boys convos as well. I forget from day to day and am left wondering, "What did JK say yesterday that was so funny?" I post most of mine on FB, so I'm hoping at some point I can retrieve those and save them in a book or something.