Wednesday, December 08, 2010

An Unexpected Announcement...

Hold onto your hats folks. This infertility blog from the freezing Polar North has moved to Turkey and has found that after one adoption and one pregnancy, there is more news to share.

Here we go.

We are pregnant.

Believe it or not, I think this pregnancy announcement comes with more emotional weight than Elijah's did. More emotions. The first announcement was only joy. It left me with no guilt. I did not feel badly telling my infertile friends of our news, although I still did it in a tender way. This was what all IF gals dream of -- a pregnancy after five years of trying! I had put in my time on the IF side after all. It was time to celebrate.

But to be pregnant, again? While incredibly excited and amazingly blessed, this message is given knowing that it will hurt people I love. They are not upset at me. But they are sad for themselves and the fact that while we will have three littles ones, they are still praying for just one. They question God's fairness. And to be honest, I do too. We have a few very close friends and family members still waiting on their miracle while we have three miracles.

I remember lying on the operating table for my fourth IVF and turning to my doctor. "I just want one!" I said to him. "Just one!"

So to have three?

I have spent days trying to formulate in my head how I will write the specific word on this blog yet again. It wasn't until a friend of mine emailed me the words below that I felt things had come into focus clear enough for me to write this blog. This friend has faced many losses. There are still no children in her home. She is waiting for God's perfect completion to her own story. And yet she had the ability to share the words above with me when I shared my news with her.

"I know it may seem random or unfair to you, but this IS God's design, His purpose. Therefore, it is not random or unfair, but His perfect will in His perfect way, in His perfect timing. The Lord has given you a unique gift of being able to communicate with others through your writing in a way that draws others to Him. The Lord is the author of your story, you are the teller. The Lord is writing your story for the display of His glory to draw others to Him and give encouragement to those who are hurting. Rest in His perfect will. You do not need to be fearful of hurting others, I really do believe this news will be an encouragement to many."

Bless you friend for helping me to tell people that JB and I are, in fact, pregnant. Again. Bless you for those words. It has stuck with me. This is our story. We are not the authors of this story. God is the Author of this story. God is in charge. All we can do is pray and praise and allow Him to guide our days.

We have received many questions in response to this news, which we have been sharing off-the-blog for a few weeks now. I will be back, soon, with answers to those questions. But for now, a huge hallelujiah for another life growing inside me.

We confirmed today that we are 7 weeks and 3 days. We saw a heartbeat -- 141 beats per minute.

Even more amazing? 7 weeks and 3 days was the exact date that we saw little Elijah on ultrasound for the first time. Due, July 24 of 2011.

In 2007 we got Scrubby. In 2008 we held Isaac for the first time. In 2009 we met Elijah. And in 2010 we found out about yet another amazing gift.

Miracles are cool. Thank you, Jesus, for this new little life.

More to come.

49 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is Awesome Wen. Congrats to you and John. Life should get a little more complicated now. lol. I pray the best for you both in this new chapter of your lives. Cannot wait to read more about it. I have been reading your writing since junior high and you have always had a great gift.

Congrats again,
Tony B.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tony, you are awesome! Want to come babysit?!

Anonymous said...

oh my! congrats on you..lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..it`s so great..such a nice miracle and gift on behelf of God...
I`m sooooooooooooo happy..

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!! A soon as I saw the title of this blog post I knew. So happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to read all about it on your blog :)

Jennifer said...

I know I don't know you in real life, but I have been reading since you were waiting on Isaac's arrival and I am sooo excited for you! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and JB (and the boys!)

Carrie said...

Oh, Congratulations!!! This is awesome.

And thank you - because I have been struggling with guilt of my own since becoming pregnant with #2 after one unmedicated IUI. Watching our infertilite friends struggle yet celebrating for yourself is a very strange place to be.

Kell said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!! I am crying happy tears for you. Our God is a wonderful God. Praise the Loed for new life.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! This is a great post! I'm so happy for you :) If Tony won't come babysit....Marlei and I will!
:) Leina

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!! That is so incredibly exciting for you and your family! I love your friend's encouraging words. It is so true; our lives are written by God and we give praise for it, even if we don't always understand it. I don't even really know you, but I am SO happy for you. Congrats again.

The Mac's House said...

Wow! A huge congratulations!

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hmm, 141 beats! Do we all get to start guessing boy or girl in a couple of months? :)

Really happy for you all. There will never be a dull or quite moment in your household that's for sure.

cassi said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news!!

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

Congratulations!!! Amazing news! Didn't get a chance to read your entire post, but wanted to say congrats! God is amazing!

June said...

Ah hah hah hah! Congratulations!

Can I hope it's a little girl this time? :D

jv726 said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and JB. I'm sure the boys will be huge helpers and will be excited when that baby comes. Can't wait to read all about the next 8 mo.

Bethany

Kiley said...

I had this funny feeling. Especially when you said you weren't feeling very well on your trip. I wanted to ask, but didn't feel it was appropriate. I am so excited, happy, filled with so much joy for both you and your husband. You will be a terrific and wonderful mom to your precious little ones. Many hugs.

Kiley

Momma, PhD said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Praying for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy and delivery!

Dana said...

Oh WOW! Congratulations...I must admit I have become a committed follower of your blog and thought the same the one of the previous posters said. When you mentioned in a previous post that you weren't feeling well on your trip I thought "maybe she's pregnant". Weird to think people you don't even know are so involved in your story right? :)Trust me it's just in a "wow this is an awesome story, can't put this book down" kind of way not a stalker-y way!! Can't wait to hear if you are having another awesome boy or a sweet baby girl!!

Kelli said...

Congrats!! Such a miracle, indeed! So happy for you!!

Susan said...

What awesome news! We do serve and even more awesome God. Like a couple of other posters, the thought crossed my mind, too, when you mentioned you hadn't been feeling well. I can think of no greater reason for not feeling well! Hopefully, you'll be feeling better soon and will get to enjoy the next 8 months!!

Jen said...

Congrats! I know we talked earlier about my struggles over the past few years, and I actually just recently found out I am pregnant as well - due July 21, 2011, so right about the same time as you. I am very happy for you and hope this pregnancy goes well and is uneventful as it progresses!

Laurie said...

Congratulations, Wendi!!! So happy for you all!

Iturblog said...

Oh wow! So happy for you all! We'll keep you all in our prayers. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more details....

God is so GOOD!

Roberta

Heather said...

I so agree with everything Dana wrote. Congrats from somewhere with 5ft of snow outside! This has always been a really interesting blog full of exciting announcements and I'm so looking forward to hearing the wonderful story continue

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see how God works in your lives! It is indeed His plan and a huge cause for celebration! I'll be praying for a safe pregnancy and an even safer delivery this time around! I'm looking forward to reading all about this new development! May God's gentle and loving hands envelope you and this little one as He prepares your family to grow by one. Lynda

Jenny said...

Whoa!!! Isn't God neat! I'm so excited for you and the boys. Praying for an "easy" pregnancy and uneventful delivery this time around!

Emily said...

What a beautifully sensitive, well-written, joyful announcement. I am so happy for you and your family!

And I also wanted to say I really appreciated your friend's encouragement to you that God is the author of this perfect story of your life...I've similarly struggled with why the Lord has blessed me with two children and one more on the way when so many others (including one of my closest friends) are still waiting - tearfully, prayerfully - for one. Thank you for sharing your story.

Debbie said...

WOW! Congratulations Wendy and JB! GOD IS GREAT!

Tara said...

WHOA!!!! WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wendi -- Congratulations to you and JB!! What a wonderful blessing for your family.

We recently found out that we are expecting too ... and, even more of a shock, not just one, but TWO little boys!!! We are hoping to keep them baking for at least another 8 weeks before we get to meet them face to face.

I, too, have been dealing with so many emotions regarding this pregnancy ... nothing like when Charlie was born. At times, I cannot help but think how having one would be much easier as that is what we "planned" for. But, now we are having two and that has totally thrown a wrench in our "plan."

Recently, though, I have come to the understanding that THIS is God's plan for us and our family will be so much better for it. How awesome an opportunity to be a mom to three little boys (including a set of twins)?? How awesome an experience it will be to raise three boys so close in age, who hopefully will be lifelong friends?? I have found that my selfishness for what I wanted is just that ... instead, I need to be thankful for this wonderful opportunity and experience as so many people would love to be in this position. This pregnancy and these babies are a TRUE blessing.

So, with that, we are moving forward and preparing for the arrival of our little boys. While I am scared how we are going to do it all, I am blessed that God chose us for this opportunity and cannot wait to see how this enhances the dynamics of our family!

Many blessings for a GREAT pregnancy ... KATIE CAPPS

Anonymous said...

Wow, what fantastic news!!! Congratulations to all!! I pray that you have a very easy pregnancy, enough healthy food in Turkey, and the strength to care for 2 busy boys with another babe on the way!! You are blessed!
Cheryl

cbrueggie said...

congratulations, my sister in Christ! To Him be the glory! Praying for this new life, and praising Him that He has filled your arms!

cbrueggie said...

oh, and i'll babysit if i get a plane ticket to turkey!

Kendra said...

Amazing! Congratulations!

micasgirl said...

Woo hoo! Excited for you, and glad you are my friend. :) You know, Hatice already thinks you are WAY too busy. Wait till she hears about #3!! :D

Sam said...

HUGE congrats to you and your gorgeous family!!!

Rachel said...

WOW our lives are SO similiar! However in b/w the surprise pregnancies came miscarriages. From not being able to get pregnant, adopt, get preg perfect pregnancy (20 months apart) to then not being able to stay pregnant to now ready to deliver any day. God has plans for us and we just have to trust those. It's not for us to determine and honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. These journeys are what have made up who I am and my faith in God.
Blessings to you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Wendi and JB!

Megan

Mrs. H said...

Congrats!!!! How exciting! And your right, this is God's story! He is the author! Congrats again! Very exciting!!!!

The Woodfords said...

Dear Wendi & JB,

My heart is overflowing with joy for you! Congratulations on your next miracle - truly a gift from the Lord!!

May He continue to bless you and guide you as your raise your family for Him!

Love, Steph

Anonymous said...

Wendi when I came into RLSF and Jenny asked if I had read your blog I had no idea! My jaw dropped! I'm SOO happy for you and your wonderful little family. Congrats :) -Gina

yuan family said...

Congratulations Wendi and John! We are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wendi and John, i am sooooo happy for you guys!! God is great!!
Love you guys,
kelly mac

Anonymous said...

This blog just gets better and better. Hopefully you can find time to post belly pics.

From Your Sister in Christ in the Northwest,

Haley

JenH said...

Congratulations! A family of 5 is quite nice indeed.

Jen, Darrell, Brendan, Andy and Kayley

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

-Marie (found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog and enjoy following yours!)

Bethany said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. Babies are truly a blessing!