Monday, January 24, 2022

Happy 46th Birthday JB

Our John turned 46 years old today. That seems utterly impossible to me. But in fact, it is 2022, and it is true.  I asked people to contribute a nice little "note" to John for his birthday. Here is my compiled list:

Happy Birthday! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ Doc!! He’s the calm during the storm. Always respectful to everyone around regardless of the chaos. A true blessing to Greene County.

Wesley Miller

 

I like reading his posts so on point !πŸŽ‚

Mary Beth Ullery

 

Happy birthday Dr John Kitsteiner. I love when he works nights with me. And Wendi I hope you LOVE his clean bald head, I sanitize it all the time for you!

Beverlee Foshie

 

Happy Birthday from a grateful survicir of THE VIRUS because of hjm and his colleaguess.

Marlene Muriel Evans

 

Happy Birthday

Cathy Swecker (Toni’s sister)

 

Happy Birthday John. I appreciate you and the medical advice from you the last couple years. You are truly a blessed man with a beautiful family. Take some time and let it all sink in and enjoy your birthday.

Scott Ray

 

You and your lovely family's pictures and stories always make my day. I love watching your children grow. Your posts around the farm the birth of lambs, your chickens and even the processing. It's like watching a 2022 season of Little House on the Prairie! I can't wait to see what your children grow up to be. They are so well rounded and grounded and will be leaders in whatever they do. You are a role model for many. I love how you and Wendy love each other share and show it. Your faith in our Lord is your strength always but especially during these trying times. Have a wonderful birthday.

Glenda Jones Faitak

 

I dont know him but happy birthday and thank you for all your service for your country. And thank you for being out there fighting covid and sometimes not being able to be with your family. Thank you for your sacrifice

Kristin Bailey (Friend of Joia)

 

John thank you for your tireless efforts working in our ER and taking care of so many while putting yourself and family at risk.

Thank you also for reflecting the love of Christ to all who know you.

I hope you have a fabulous and blessed birthday

Christina Ward

 

John, you have been a voice of reason and an example of steady calm during this time. The great love and care you display towards your family, patients, and community is obvious. I love reading everything you write especially about permaculture. It’s fascinating and inspiring! Happy Birthday!

Joy Zarate

 

I have never met your hubby, but just the way you speak of him makes me think I would like him! Seems like he is truly an incredible, genuinely kind person, happy birthday to him πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Christy Lee Taylor

 

John aka Dr. K., You are the most interesting person I know. It's always surprising to learn of all of your talents and skills that have nothing to do with medicine. Artist, birder, cook, dad, energetic, friend, good guy, husband....on and on. Thanks for being there to inspire us, to be so dedicated to your many jobs. It's easy to love you and your family. Happy 45th Birthday! (Oh, dear...I just realized I'm almost twice as old .) Blessings! ❤

Kathleen Job

 

John, thank you for always putting your compassion into action!

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11

Happy Birthday to YOU!

P.S. I love the chicken video, they are beautiful!

Myra Ettenborough

 

Oh what a wonderful person Dr. K is with all his patients! My mom truly loved him and if she went into the emergency room she would always hope he would be her dr… btw…she also thought he was cute…she didn’t say that often about drs. either…but he had a way of making her feel like she mattered even if she was 89 years old…I’m so thankful to him for being so very kind to her and for caring for her…my husband also thinks he is the best ER dr… he knows him through work…so thank you for actually caring about your patients! You can be a great Dr. but if you have the bedside manner to go with it then your Dr. K! Happy Birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰

Judy Williams

 

Happy Birthday Dr. K! You are amazing. When I brought Kathleen Job to the ER you were so kind and patient with her even though the ER was full. I saw the compassion and dedication that doctors should have. You've been wonderful to the community for being a voice of reason during this pandemic. Thank you so much and have a wonderful birthday!

Tami Tibbs Northey

 

John, You’ve had a sparkle in your eyes since we met… always asking questions. Wanting to know “why,” always searching for the truth. Which I always thought was funny because you already knew everything. I loved your eye for natural beauty and enjoyed seeing what you would come up with next.

I could go on and on, but this will have to do until we get that reunion on the calendar. Right Adam & Sean Stewart

Eddie Bullinger

 

Happy Birthday, John! So grateful for the many rolls you fill as husband, father, son and caring doctor. God has blessed you and I know he will continue to do so. Again, Happy Birthday!

Maggie Euewema

 

John, I think I’ve shared this, but I will share it again. You are a key person in my journey to Christ and commitment to follow him. Your faithful and open handed friendship and simple invitation to church changed the trajectory of my life and eternity. Not only that, but your willingness to take me in as a roommate in Kentucky gave me the courage I needed to step into a very different unknown. I had planned on going to New York, Chicago or Boston after school and start climbing the advertising ladder. When Jesus ambushed me, you were the one who also said “you should move to nashville.” God spoke to me in your words and the path of my life changed. Thank you John. Thank you for being Jesus to me. Thank you for inviting me, welcoming me and befriending me. May God richly bless you and multiply the years ahead of you, may you continue to be fruitful and know that you are dearly loved. Happy birthday!

Shawn Stewart

 

Happy Birthday to my husband’s work husband! You likely can sympathize with him much more than I, you’re definitely the one he wants by his side during a trauma, and I hear you’re a much better cook than I am…and I’m not even jealous πŸ€£πŸ€£

I hope you have a wonderful 46th birthday and many years of blessings to come ❤️

Whitney Belt

 

Thank you for your compassionate care for our community as a physician. We are definitely blessed by that! Coming into the world of healthcare as a soon-to-be RN, I have been inspired by your work, your knowledge of medicine, but mostly by your commitment to giving the best of yourself in that ER! I know these last 2 years have been so trying and beyond what anyone could truly imagine. You have taken the time to pray, encourage, and educate our county and people all over this country. Happy Birthday John! I pray you get to enjoy your birthday with your equally amazing wife and wonderful family. I am blessed and better for knowing all of you!

Jennifer Jenkins

 

John we may not know you personally but for over the years of the dalboard when Wendi shared of your times together with Scrubs, you all felt like family. When the children started coming into your lives we celebrated as if you were family. So with that said I wanted to wish you a happy birthday like you are family. Thank you for all you do for your family, your community and all that know you in real life. Have a great day!

Teri Chapman McGilvray

 

So I've made several attempts to put into words what Kitjo means to me. I mean he's been there through some of the hardest times in my life with my children. He's doctored me. He's been a great friend, influence, and support over the years I have known him. I can honestly say I'm still working at the hospital because of him. I have had a few opportunities to leave but I know there's not going to be a Dr. Wow anywhere I go. I truly can't thank you enough for being there for me and my family over the years and especially during this pandemic from hell. I meant it when I saud we are now family!!! You are my forever cousin! Thank you!!! I hope you have the best birthday!

Tommi Key

 

John, Happy birthday! Pete and I are so blessed to know you way back when and feel more blessed each year that we get to spend with the Kitsteiner Klan. Your mind is so amazing and your heart is so loving ❤️Most of all, your love of God shines in all that you do! We see it in your love for Wendy and each of the kids. You are also the most hard working man we know! Thank you for always giving me (Leeann) your expertise when I have current medical questions. Have a Blessed Birthday! Enjoy every single minute of it, you deserve it! We love you! PETE AND LEEANN

 

Happy Birthday John! We appreciate the kindness you showed Jake when he was living on your farm. He spoke of you so highly. Thank you for being a power of example to him. Enjoy your day, best regards John and terry crowley.

Terrry Crowley (Jake’s Mom)

 

Happy Birthday, John. Thank you for always being kind and caring. And the compassionate friend you are! Always willing to give advice, help when needed and informing us on life skills or on a medical standpoint. You have so much to give and I want you to know how much of a help you have been to us. Thank YOU for being YOU! The world needed someone like you and we value the person you are. A very Happy Birthday to a great man.

Lindsay (& Sam)

 

For John… Happy birthday!!! I’m praying it’s a fabulous birthday filled with blessings, joy, peace and God’s provided strength for you during these crazy times. I’m so thankful I got to know you in Turkey and I truly loved getting to know you and the family. I love your care and love for your patients, even when it’s after hours and you get pulled into something extra you don’t have to do. I greatly appreciate your love for God and your desire to follow Him. I’m so thankful you work to honor Him and show His love to the world. Thank you for being level headed and being willing to share your medical knowledge with others. Thank you for sharing your biblically influenced medical knowledge to help people have a better idea what the medical field is currently experiencing and to know what will make a difference. Thanks for being you - enjoying and treasuring birds, farming, animals, your family and most of all God. Happy birthday! πŸ₯³

Heather Quigg

 

For John: thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of this community. You’ve not only saved Nick with multiple epipens but treated Allie when she had a rough vaccine reaction. Your family has graciously let us help on processing days, and they’ve become a favorite to look forward to. Your knowledge is extensive and such a treat to learn from. Happy birthday!

Erin Law

 

John, it has been an honor to spend the last 6 months on your farm. You’ve created an amazing life for you and your family, and I truly believe you are living a life that honors God. I’m in awe of the many talents you possess-medical expertise, makeup artist, Top chef, amazing Dad, and Honestly probably the most patient person I have ever known. I’m so thankful that from a childhood friendship with two introverts, blossomed, into an amazing friendship with their extrovert wives. I hope and pray that as my family moves on to our next adventures, that the friendships that were started in FL and TN will continue to grow and that God will continue to richly bless both of our families as He has already done. Thank you again for giving us this place of fun and respite for the last 6 months. Happy 46th Birthday! ~Erin

Erin Dunham

 

John - thank you for being you! Thank you for your kindness, wisdom, generosity, joy, laughter, discernment and friendship. You are a blessing both to me and my husband. Thank you for being there for us always - from answering questions about what mushrooms will kill me to stitching up Barry’s finger. You’re always someone we can count on. Thank you!! I hope your birthday is full of fun and laughter. You deserve it!!!! Thank you friend. Aliceson Bales

 

 

Happy birthday John I truly couldn’t think of a better man to raise Isaac. You are an exemplary person that more people should look up to, it always blows me away to see the things you do. I’m so proud of you and your family for all you’ve accomplished. Happy birthday, Love Bri

Bri

 

John, the characteristics that come to mind when I think of you include… Knowledgeable Humble Introverted Capable Family-oriented Man of God Skilled at everything! Giving with your resources And a big ‘perk’ of being neighbors that I did not anticipate that trumps everything else on my list is you intentionally pouring into Trin. It wasn’t too long ago she was terrified of men and I’m positive her growth is in big part to your positive interactions with her.

Anni

 

Well my favorite funny story is of John not knowing how to get back home after an evening of drinks (obviously way too many for John) at the Stebbins. LOL. He wasn’t really drunk. It was just dark and he couldn’t figure out which way to go in the dark. But I love giving him a hard time. But on a serious note, despite him being too busy to respond most of the time, he’s always even keeled and gives great advice even after being bombarded with questions and critique for months. Wendi says he’s “the best man I know”. I agree. John you are truly a great man and friend.

Shane Jones

 

This is a tribute to my brother, John, on his birthday. Things I have observed… John loves Jesus. John is faithful. John is a good husband. John is conscientious. John is kind. John is a diligent daddy. John is strong. John is humble. John is a child of God. John is selfless. John is light hearted. John is a friend. John is a hard worker. John loves Jesus.

Richard Steele

 

Happy Birthday John! I see my fiend is keeping you looking good! Stay awesome and love u both! πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆ

Katashia Witcher

 

 

I will say it was nice to have a doctor who used our pharmacy and was ALWAYS understanding, never once was he rude or ugly to us or did he expect special treatment because of his title (trust me that happened a LOT) He is one of the nicest people I have ever came across and I’m glad you guys were a patient of mine during my time at Publix. You guys are amazing people 100%.

Tara Smith

 

A tribute to Dr K Over my 28 years working with the Fire Department and EMS I have worked with many Doctors at the ER. I can say and so will my coworkers there has never been one finer than Dr Kitsteiner. His skills knowledge and dedication are absolutely the best, but that is not what sets him apart from others. Dr K (as i used to call him before i learned to pronounce his name) best attributes is the compassion and care he has for his patients. My mother in law was in the ER quite often before she passed and was not happy at all if ( as she put it) that cute bald headed Dr was not working. I’ve heard patients is a virtue and in the chaos that’s been going on in the last year i’ve never seen him mad or say an unkind word to anyone. If I’m having a bad day at work it always brightens my day and lifts my spirits to walk in and see that smile and kind greeting. so Happy Birthday my friend and know you ARE the best of the best The doughnut EMT

Tony Williams

 

Happy 45th to one who sings his song in deed more than words. That is rare and to be celebrated. A yardstick by which to measure a Godly man you are. πŸ’“πŸ˜

Aunt Connie

 

Big John: Thank you for your friendship and example. You are very talented at many things that I can never do: farming, doctoring, and birding, for example. You are an exemplary father, husband, and doctor. You balance the demands of your family, patients, and farming with excellence. You keep a level-head and pleasant spirit during challenging times. You exhibit hospitality and candor. You are a Renaissance man and I’m proud to call you my friend. - David Scott

 

O HAPPY DAY to an amazing man, husband, father, farmer, doctor & son in love!! We love you! Praying for a peaceful & refreshing year!

George and Diane Huisman


I love that John inspires me to “throw my hat over the fence” and to not live a life with my song unsung. He does this through his words and the life he (and you) lives. Happy Birthday John!!!

Becky Connors


Happy birthday Dr. Kitsteiner. I hope you have a great day. I love working with you. You are a great person inside and out. May the Lord bless you and your family. I enjoy watching all your videos cause it reminds me of my crazy family. Happy birthday.

Sarah McAmis Jones

 

No comments: