Friday, October 15, 2021

Musings of Sin

 “Today we are a divided country, and Satan is laughing at us because that is exactly what he wants. Dysfunction, mistrust, and hatred help his kingdom flourish. We have to realize we are not fighting against other people. We are fighting against Satan and his kingdom of spiritual darkness”. ~Tony Dungy

Years from now, I wonder. Will I read back about 2020 and 2021 and think Man. That was awful. I hope it never gets like that again. Or will I look back and think: That was only the beginning of the awful. It got SO much worse. How easy we had it back then.

I really don't know. I do know that for the first time in my life, I am ready for Jesus to come back. Right now, all my children have accepted Christ as their Heavenly Father. Nearly all of my family members are followers of Christ. My kids are not battling demons or addictions or major struggles. 

As I watch the world seemingly falling apart, I think: It's time Lord. That's it. It's time for you to come back.

At the same time, we are studying history. My 10th graders (Katy, Gabe, and Maryah) are studying Christian history. My 7th and 9th graders (Isaac, Sidge, Kari, and Ana) are studying World History II. I watch as depravity repeats itself over and over and over again.

This isn't the first time our world has been impacted by depravity. the Bible was full of people so evil that the Lord had to destroy them with a flood, or rain fire and brimstone down. I think he needs to do that now. 

It's hard to believe the things I am needing to teach my kids about. We cannot watch a TV show, a Macy's Day Parade, the Super Bowl, without facing sexuality thrust into their faces. I've had to tell my kids what homosexuality is way before they are ready for it because the media and news and billboards think it is vital to their survival. 

My one son enjoys reading Who's Who in History books from the library. I am amazed at the things the authors "sneak" in. Even their choice of who they write about. They choose nearly every single liberal First Lady. But very few conservative ones. They slip in the "legalization of homosexual marriage" on the timeline of Bono's life? For what purpose? Why does my young child need to read that at his age? 

I'll tell you why. The media, the world, wants my child, when they are eighteen-years-old to look and me and say: "You're crazy Mom. The world has confirmed it for me. Your viewpoints on abortion and homosexuality and gender and spiritual matters are old school."

Here's the thing. If you meet me and you meet me children, you will KNOW this one thing. We LOVE. It is the greatest commandment. We will LOVE EVERYONE. We will love you whether you are an alcoholic or a drug dealer. Whether you choose to live with a man or a woman. Whether you have had an abortion or not. The color of your skin is truly of NO matter to us. EVER!

But there ARE Biblical mandates. There are commandments. And it has gotten to the point in our world that we can't live by those anymore. If I tell my child that I believe they are supposed to have sex with someone of the opposite gender, I am homophobic. Far from it. I am not afraid of anything or anyone. I LOVE all people. And I encourage my children to LOVE all people. But I am entitled to this belief. And it is okay to teach my children that there are moral absolutes. 

We tell people they cannot be married to more than one person. That a child can't make informed sexual decisions. That drunk driving is not okay. That you can't murder a baby the moment they have emerged from your body. Why? Why are there any laws? 

I digress slightly from my point ...

My point is that the conservatives all thought Trump could save us. Then the liberals all believed Biden would save us. These are men. Sinners. Flawed. Like all humans. They cannot save us. 

Only Jesus has that power. Jesus loved EVERYONE. He ate with sinners. He communed with the people of the most vial nature. He loved them all!

I was a journalism minor in school. We were taught to be unbiased. I was taught how to read newspaper articles and see bias. So it is so hard for me to read these biases. They come from both sides. Both sides thinking they will print only the truth AS THEY SEE IT.

But here's the truth ... GOD IS TRUTH. GOD IS LIFE. He is bigger than any sin, any evil contradiction to the word of God. I will continue to raise my daughters in the knowledge that if ALL they want to be is a wife and a mother ... that is enough. I will continue to raise my sons to be the LEADER of their homes. I will continue to "raise them up as they should go so that when they are old, they will not depart from it."

Just my musings .... and I didn't mention the word covid even once.