Wednesday, June 12, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Great Big Sinks & Swiss Chard



These big ol’ sinks set extra high were part of the purposeful design of our new kitchen. Lots of room to clean and organize the foods we grew ourselves. 

We put in two refrigerators to be able to store all the produce we had cleaned.

This week we finally put the sinks and fridges to work on the job they were born to do.

I know very little about gardening. My cooking skills are quite sub-par. I really couldn’t tell you the difference between a beet green or Swiss chard just a week ago. 

But I’m learning. And I’m loving the idea of eating things we are planting ourselves. I love trying to use every single thing, knowing we didn’t spray a single thing on them to make them grow. 



Jacob has been with us off and on for two years. He originally came as a wwoofer and is now a part of our family. He has spearheaded the garden this year. John gave him lots of freedom to try whatever he wanted. Jacob has let the kids and I walk alongside him. The kids have helped plant and helped harvest. The Kotynski family joins us on the journey and we harvest and grow in community together. 

I know so little. 

I’m learning so much. 

I hope y’all will keep coming back to this little blog corner of the world and learning along with me. 




No comments: