Thursday, April 11, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Hanging with Jenny again


Jenny and I have been friends for decades.She lived next door to Joni and Roy for years and was very connected to their family. She also went to the same Christian school as me for years.

She happened to be living in Germany when I was "stuck there" waiting for Abigail to be born. Here is a picture of Jenny and her two little girls, the last time our families were together, in Germany, where her husband was working as a civilian and I was waiting to have our little lady, Abigail:


Those little girls in the front are now 10 and 12!

Here is Jenny's husband Ryan reading a book to my little guys. 
Jenny and Ryan and their (now) three kids were vacationing in the Gatlinburg  area and stopped by the farm for a day wit their three kiddos.
Jenny and me after a wonderful day together on the farm. 

Our now seven children playing together on the Ninja course.

I am not sure if I will tire of seeing how the military life connects people. I am not sure if I will ever get tired of bringing people from past to our farm and getting to see the newness of this life through the eyes of people who don't do it everyday. Kids chasing chickens. Egg collecting with eyes open wide -- taking in the amazing-ness of chickens laying eggs. Petting sheep. Seeing the ducks and geese.

I love the life I lived. And I love the life I live now. Tomorrow I am actually going to look at a house in our area for friends from our military life who are relocating to this area. 

I am not sure I will ever tire of the beauty of our world and the people I have the privilege of sharing it with. 


No comments: