Thursday, October 27, 2005

Hurricane Pictures

My parents got power this morning. Most likely because they are next to a firehouse and a government building. They have no TV and the satellite company said it will be December 10th before anyone can come out and look at their satellite.
John's family is still without power. This morning they waited over four hours for some gas to run their generator. Apparently, most gas stations do not have generators so without power, they cannot supply gas! Ray called today and said the neighbors have been coming by asking for gas because they hear the generator. If you could please be praying for them, they are a little nervous that they may have people come and try to forcibly take their gas. Ray said they are making sure that he or dad or Matt are with Gabbi and Mom at all times.
My mom is still out of work and we do not know when the school will reopen. I will keep you posted. One thing that is irritating is that a lot of people are complaining because the rescue efforts are slow -- but people are told to have 72 hours worth of supplies. Those that did, like both of our families, have plenty to get through for even a week.
Also please scross down to my next post as take a second to vote for the Heisman band!

Here is my dad. You can see their townhouse right behind this tree. Normally, you cannot see the townhouses really at all from this road there are so many trees.


This is the huge lake that I usually run at when I am home. This is an area of extensive trees. There is no way I ever saw the pool house (straight ahead) unless I was standing right next to it.

My mom by a tree across the street from their house.

This is the street outside of my house. This view almost looks like another street to me as normally this road is a huge group of trees where you can see the houses.


Another view of this road.

Honestly, this view was the hardest for me to see. You could never see these houses from the road. All of the trees are GONE!


The main entrance to the townhouse community.

Another view of the road.


Right outside my parents house. This is taken from right next to their car. Their house is to the right.

This is about 5 doors down my parents' house.

This is a view from my parents' front door.

This is our school gymnasium. Normally, there is no light coming in the through here at all. There is now a sky-light in the gymnasium.

No comments: